Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2017, 10:22 PM   #1

TV Mounts

Ok so I'm not familiar with TV mounts. I am desperate to access the inputs on the LR TV in the 31L. I've not found any obvious ways to "release" any locking mechanism, if there is one. I hate to just yank on it - surely that's wrong. It is a flat mount/recessed. I assume there is no extension arm or tilt. Anyone know the secret?
Dmhawv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmhawv7 View Post
Ok so I'm not familiar with TV mounts. I am desperate to access the inputs on the LR TV in the 31L. I've not found any obvious ways to "release" any locking mechanism, if there is one. I hate to just yank on it - surely that's wrong. It is a flat mount/recessed. I assume there is no extension arm or tilt. Anyone know the secret?
If there is a closet on either side of tv look at inside top of closet for a 1 foot square access panel, held in place 4 screws. TV is screwed to fixed block of wood. Pain to get off. This is my bed tv in 360 ds. Good luck

Sent from my XT1585 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 06-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #3
I Break Everything

The living room TV should slide straight up. It's on the mount pretty good, and if it's like our Georgetown, from the dealer, the TV is pretty cheap and you feel like you're going to break it. The one in our bed room is on a panel, you have to go through the closet to get it. But living room, try sliding straight up, with a little controlled force.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #4

Tried my hardest to slide it up with no luck [emoji853] getting close to "hammer time."
Old 06-25-2017, 05:18 PM   #5

I am not familiar with your particular trailer, but I have found that most drop-in TV mounts have a screw or two to hold the unit in place to avoid it jumping out of the mount while in transit. The screws will be small and below the slot in the mount.

2018 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304DS, 10K Equal-i-zer Hitch
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4WD 5.7L iForce V8
FROG Member since March 2017
McRabbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #6

Thanks to each of you for your help. Here is the answer. Five (5) screws on top and four (4) on the bottom of the wall bracket had to be removed. The bracket was screwed to the tv. No lifting or lock in screws - just had to literally remove the tv and the bracket from the wall. The tv in the bedroom is on a completely different mount and I assume outside one is different too. Would have been nice to have those bracket diagrams! Thank you folks.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #7

I have a Wildwood and the cable connection is loose and no way for my hand to get behind the TV to tighten without removing the TV. I yanked and pried and finally gave up.

My mount looks like two separate pieces one on the wall and one on the TV itself. There is a slotted knob at the bottom in the middle of the bracket that turns but nothing happens.

Does anyone else have this kind of bracket? I would assume most FR products have this same one.

2013 Wildwood 26TBSS
SDShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #8
I Break Everything

Quote:
Thanks to each of you for your help. Here is the answer. Five (5) screws on top and four (4) on the bottom of the wall bracket had to be removed. The bracket was screwed to the tv. No lifting or lock in screws - just had to literally remove the tv and the bracket from the wall. The tv in the bedroom is on a completely different mount and I assume outside one is different too. Would have been nice to have those bracket diagrams! Thank you folks.
It seems like details like this are done with no consistency. My outside TV slides up and down as well.

Wait until you have to wire the 7 pin if it gets damaged. I've done it twice. First time wired right up no problem. 2nd time I was in, not a hurry, but I'd done it before. I unscrewed all the wires, not really paying attention. Pulled up the wiring diagram that didn't match. No success. I remembered I took a few pictures with my phone of the previous time. Went to access my phone, it died. I broke down and went to a desktop to investigate. GOOD GOD!! there are at least 5 different ways to wire RV 7 pins, all different color wires, brands, etc. I found one on this forum that matched the colors on my phone...it worked.
Good Luck!

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:12 PM   #9

Why FR choose to use this mount is baffling. Flush mount with no release. My previous mh by Thor had a quick release flush mount on a swivel that simply swung out. My last trip the dealership for service I had them remove the tv and installed an hdmi and USB extender that hangs just below the tv for easy access. Cost me a well worth $75.
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:49 PM   #10

Good to know

I'd not heard of the extenders. Well worth adding but I sure wish FR had used a different mount.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #11

Quote:
I'd not heard of the extenders. Well worth adding but I sure wish FR had used a different mount.

You, me and the many others who have complained about not being able to access the rear inputs on the tv.
The extenders are an easy but unnecessary solution. I'm sure that FR is looking at cost cutting but using a more user friendly mount and passing the cost on would make more sense. When your spending $100k + who would notice or complain at an extra $50 or so being added to MSRP.
My previous mh was $45k less and had a swing arm mount. Go figure.
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount