Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #1

TV Removal in 2016 369 XL

I give up. Can anyone tell me how to move the tv from wall so that I can get to the hdmi input?
Frank DeFeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:38 PM   #2

I have a 351ds and the TV in the living room just lifts straight up.

2014 Georgetown 351ds
Darmo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #3

That's how I had assumed it would come off. I tried lifting straight up and even tried wiggling it side to side while lifting. Just won't budge. Just don't know if it's stuck or a release somewhere. It's so close and recessed in the wall that I can't see behind it.
Thanks for your response.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:29 PM   #4

In my 378 it is screwed to a backer plywood. With a flashlight look at the top and bottom of the TV. Mine has five screws each top and bottom.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #5

Will take a look - Thank you
Old 05-01-2017, 09:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360true View Post
In my 378 it is screwed to a backer plywood. With a flashlight look at the top and bottom of the TV. Mine has five screws each top and bottom.
X2. If you remove the bottom screws and loosen the top, you can perhaps reach the bottom HDMI. There are also plugs on the left side as well (as it faces you). My unit had the RCA A/V cords from the dash mounted Pioneer unit incorrectly connected - the video RCA plug was mounted to the bottom plugs (output). After connecting it properly, I discovered the the indash DVD player worked, but was of horrible quality.
Darugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #7

If yours is like mine there is a release. I have a 2016 Surveyor so likely similar. I had a similar struggle getting it off until I discovered the release which has a short woven tether attached to it that got tangled in the wires so I didn't see it. With a flashlight and mirror, since it's tight fitting, I finally got to it. Once the release is pulled, I pull out on the bottom to disengage, then lift up, comes right off. As for the hdmi, my tv has it but the receiver/control does not. The TV is regular current and the receiver is 12 volt, as are the speakers, so I just got higher quality component cables and finally got everything to work. Changed from Jensen to Visio TV.
Now I'm careful that the release tether, which hangs down when not tangled, is accessible to release the tv. My next project is to replace with a 41 or 42 inch tv.
relee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #8

Question

Update - contacted Forest River tech support. Was told to look down from top of tv and locate 2 screws near top. Loosen the screws and tiled tv off mount.
Tried and not possible. The tv is recessed into the wall with only a 3/4" gap on all 4 sides. Impossible to look behind from any direction, can't even get a finger behind. Will now try previous suggestion using a mirror and look for a release.
Very frustrating.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #9

My inside mount is exactly the same as the one for outside viewing. The bracket on the back of the tv has two bars, the top one fits in the top groove of the mount and the bottom one is the one that has a spring loaded release. Looking at my exterior bracket helped me figure out the interior. Yours may be the same too. I was frustrated too, even after finding the release strap it didn't work due to tangling with wires. I've got it pretty well straightened out now.
relee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:09 PM   #10

In my 369 you have to unscrew the bracket. 4 screws on top and 4 on the bottom.
seacurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:02 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to SimoRandy
I too was told it will lift up. Not a chance! I removed the bracket screws and then it came off. When off, I didn't see how it would have lifted off.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:59 PM   #12

I have the 2017 Georgetown and the tv in the living area you have to remove the 5 screws on the top and the 4 screw on the bottom to get to the HDMI hook ups on the left side on the back
drick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #13

i have a 2014 georgetown 377. the tv in rear is difficult. I sat in the right closet and removed the access panel, then pulled the thin plywood piece out of the way to access 4 screws (S2 square drive or phillips). they are on an angle. to re-install, I drilled 6 holes for drywall screws. install new screws from inside (straight). the plywood piece is there to hold the receptacle. Since the recp does not have exposed wires, I just let it hang there so I could plug in oku and dvd player.
jrowe0521 is offline   Reply With Quote