Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #1

Tv/satellite 377tsxl

I have a 2013 Georgetown 377ts XL ......
First Question- When they say your coach is satellite ready.....what exactly
are they saying?

Second Question- I have a tailgater satellite....when I hook it up to the cable
outside in the electrical box I get satellite I have to watch satellite on all 4
tv's.........How can I have cable go to the back bedroom tv and have
satellite on the main tv in the Entertainment center which is mid coach?
There is a box in the upper cabinet in the front of the coach that has a
switch that says satellite/aux.......and tv/cable/antennae....Is there a way
that I can separate satellite from cable and be able to utilize them at the same time on designated tv's?

Thank You,

Steve
steve1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #2

I believe the term "satellite ready" refers to the RG-6 coax that is installed from the cabinet to the roof. If you look on the roof, you will see a plumbing vent cap installed near the front of the Georgetown roof where there is no plumbing. Under this cap is a cutout with the coax cable for a satellite dish.

If you want to watch cable (or antenna) on one TV and satellite on a different TV, you will need to locate the coax cable splitter, and disconnect the coax line for each TV from the cable splitter. The splitter is probably behind the cabinet near the antenna/cable/satellite switch box, but it could also be behind the entertainment center. It will take a bit of detective work to trace which coax cable goes where, but you should be able to isolate each TV to a specific source. You may need some F-81 connectors to join two coax cables together when you bypass the splitter.

Depending on how the coax cables were installed at the factory, it may be easier to simply run a new length of RG-6 from a basement cable TV connector to the bedroom TV.

After you trace the individual coax cables, I would suggest labeling them for future reference.

Tags
satellite