Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #21

Unhappy TV trouble

Just wanted to post, we had a repairman come into the RV court and he checked everything and couldn't find the problem. He cannot find a splitter. If it's hidden behind a wall, all I can say is, "That is just stupid!"
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:39 PM   #22

I'm sorry he couldn't find it I emalied forest river they sent me the schematic is your camper still under warranty . If so I have a name for a rep who handles warranty issues.
Grouch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #23

We took out the extended 7-yr warranty, but don't know if it covers TV issues.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:43 AM   #24
WDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju View Post
We took out the extended 7-yr warranty, but don't know if it covers TV issues.

I have the 7 year warranty as well and understood it to be bumper to bumper though I am sure there will be some resistance to cover certain items.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #25

Yeah, my husband said that's what he understands.........bumper to bumper. Although, there is a deductible.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:28 PM   #26

I just had to replace my living room TV and it was covered. I only had a 50. deductible however the selling dealer does the extended warranty there is no deductible. My 7/70000 warranty is thru Master Tech.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:01 AM   #27

Ok, everyone, the repairman was here again yesterday and his only suggestion was to run a cable from the box over the passenger seat up through the roof and run it across the top and bring it down to the back TV. Not gonna do that!!!! We will just limp along with one TV, until the Rally. Thanks for all your concerns.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Ok, everyone, the repairman was here again yesterday and his only suggestion was to run a cable from the box over the passenger seat up through the roof and run it across the top and bring it down to the back TV. Not gonna do that!!!! We will just limp along with one TV, until the Rally. Thanks for all your concerns.
Sorry we couldn't help, save these posts, maybe someone you run across will be able to help you. The solution is in the clues!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:15 PM   #29

You could buy a video wireless transmitter. It is one option.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #30

Here's the latest on the TV issue: Forest River told us the splitter was behind the wall above the passenger seat where everything audio/visual is. So Ron bought a special saw for his Dremel tool and cut out a section, looked in with a mirror, and found no splitter.
But then, new problem: no satellite at all. Upon calling FR was told it might be a fuse, but since the satellite was put on at the dealers, had no idea where the fuse might be. Called the dealer and was told many places to look for it. Long story short, a repairman is coming today!!!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #31
Team Bleu

Wow... my equipment is all up in a separate cabinet, easy to get to, splitter and all. All the fuses are either on the equipment (switch boxes, power box to satellite, etc.) I know I had to change while I was on the road and no hubby around. I was having problems with ym system after they took it out of my other RV (only 4 months old) and installed in the new RV. Turned out I was getting surges causing fuses to blow, satellite not coming down, etc. we even had Winegard send us a new black cable line, which we replaced going from box to roof. So since my husband's hobby is media systems, he took one of his ADCOM surge protectors (runs about $400.00) plugged everything and I have not had any problems for about a year now. TV receptions are as good as what we have in the house
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #32

Good luck - hope this helps

Gonna give an overview of what we've done to resolve the same sort of issue. Quirk in our system is the OTA channels from our omni-directional antenna are perfect.

Okay here goes.

1. Reported the issue to Forest River. Kevin Stratton was great and referred me to B&E in Ocala, FL. We are traveling and at the time on our way to Key West. Having our Dish Tailgater reception working is a necessity in the military campgrounds there. No cable or virtually no OTAs.

2. Worked at isolating the problem.
-Ran coax directly to the boxes in the overhead compartment of our 351, bypassing the coax in from the rear of the RV forward. Same problem.
-Service tech took the front panel off and found the splitter. Went around the short cable to splitter. Same problem.
-Found the splitter in the rear on the slide out bypassed to there. Eliminated the problem.
-Conclusion on problem solving. Issue is between the front splitter and the rear.

3. I am worn out with trying to fix the issue. So I purchased the ActionTec Wireless HDMI from Amazon and use the HDMI out on my Dish VIP211z receiver. I also use a composite to coax modulator to send the signal to my other TVs.

I am attaching the wiring diagrams that our main man Kevin Stratton provided to the service tech.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf coax wiring diagram Georgetown 351.pdf (1.41 MB, 83 views)
Old 02-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #33
WDK

Quote:

You looking to be at the Phoenix Rally as well....we are getting our windshield replaced there thanks to a a nice little rocked kicked off of a tire... $200.00 off our deductible and the insurance gets the rest and if we have time we will be looking for a place to settle in Arizona.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #34

When I found my splitter I pulled on to cable from behind the cable plate heard the thumping then cut my hole. Question do you have power at the outlet in the cabinet
Grouch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
I am attaching the wiring diagrams that our main man Kevin Stratton provided to the service tech.
Thank you for posting this diagram. We have a similar issue with our rear bedroom TV in our 2014 GT 351DS - constant static. It's still under warranty so our dealer replaced the coax all the way back but that didn't solve the problem. I'll do some troubleshooting on my own before it goes back in for service and this diagram will help for sure!

Tom
Old 02-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #36

Glad it's helpful
Old 02-10-2015, 02:33 PM   #37

the static in the bedroom TV must be common, as ours is the same way. I watch TV almost never when camping, but the husband just bought himself a Tailgater, so I'm thinking more TV may be in the future (whether I watch it or not is a whole different story.....!)
Thanks for the PDF bigben! Also thanks for the recommendation on the compressor, it was a big hit for his birthday.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #38

Quote:
Gonna give an overview of what we've done to resolve the same sort of issue. Quirk in our system is the OTA channels from our omni-directional antenna are perfect.

Okay here goes.

1. Reported the issue to Forest River. Kevin Stratton was great and referred me to B&E in Ocala, FL. We are traveling and at the time on our way to Key West. Having our Dish Tailgater reception working is a necessity in the military campgrounds there. No cable or virtually no OTAs.

-Ran coax directly to the boxes in the overhead compartment of our 351, bypassing the coax in from the rear of the RV forward. Same problem.

-Service tech took the front panel off and found the splitter. Went around the short cable to splitter. Same problem.

-Found the splitter in the rear on the slide out bypassed to there. Eliminated the problem.

-Conclusion on problem solving. Issue is between the front splitter and the rear.

3. I am worn out with trying to fix the issue. So I purchased the ActionTec Wireless HDMI from Amazon and use the HDMI out on my Dish VIP211z receiver. I also use a composite to coax modulator to send the signal to my other TVs.

The splitter up front, is it in middle overhead or passenger? Did he take panel at back of cabinet off to access? Which panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 02-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #39

Quote:

Okay here goes.

Where exactly is the rear one on the slide out? I found the front one located on passenger side up front. Had to take the AC outlet loose to pull it out.
Thanks for sharing the diagram!

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #40

First off the splitter was in the center storage above dash. Service tech took off the top panel inside and there is an access panel to the coax.

Splitter in the rear - pull out the bottom, left hand drawer (as you looking at the TV). The splitter is on visible there.

Hope all this helps - I am just about worn out with it.

We absolutely LOVE our Georgetown 351. We've lived in full time for the last 2 months (2 weeks + dry) and our only issue is we gotta go home for a few weeks to help with grand kids. BUT then heading across country.

My point - this is an aggravation not a show stopper.

Tags
georgetown