Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #1

TVs in Georgetown

Does anyone else have trouble with their TVs? We can get great reception on the main one in livling area, but when on satellite, the bedroom TV is fuzzy. Can't even watch it. We think it might be in the wiring.......somewhere we can't get to.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #2

What Georgetown do you have?

sinkorswim has posted a tv wiring diagram from Iggy in the Photo Gallery.
It's for a 2012 378 but which should be close yours.

TV_Wiring_Diagram - My Photo Gallery

ab&jb
Old 01-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju View Post
Does anyone else have trouble with their TVs? We can get great reception on the main one in livling area, but when on satellite, the bedroom TV is fuzzy. Can't even watch it. We think it might be in the wiring.......somewhere we can't get to.
On dual LNB Satellite dish with 2 outputs and must have a receiver for each TV like in your house.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Have read where the splitter used for rear and outside tv are cheap quality and will not pass sat grade signals. Located in the DVD cabinet over the pass seat. Located behind the false rear panel, remove outlets gain access to wiring and spitter is low ln hollow wall.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:01 PM   #5

It could be the switch selector box is miss wired. Check to make should all wires are in the correct input/output spot.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-15-2015, 08:39 AM   #6

Miswired

Thanks, but that would mean we had never had TV in the bedroom, and we have, just not this trip. Soooooooooooo, it would appear something just got jiggled loose.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks, but that would mean we had never had TV in the bedroom, and we have, just not this trip. Soooooooooooo, it would appear something just got jiggled loose.
The drawing from post two shows a 4 way splitter. That will pass cable signal for your bedroom but may not pass satillite also.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:41 PM   #8

05 geotown xl 375ts just removed old tv (70 lbs) thanks to FROG for instructions now replaceing with led tv 14 lbs could use cabinet diag and front roof diags
to raise cabenits back to ceiling TY
glenn56h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #9

JuJu,
I just noticed your avatar...my wife and I were just there yesterday! We spent 2 wonderful days and 1 slightly intoxicated night in Key West.
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #10

Assuming your unit is wired as show on the FR TV wiring provided on post #2, and local stations (off air) are okay on bedroom TV then it would appear a TV problem not a wiring problem. Check settings.
If local stations are not OK then the problem would must likely be the cable connections between the Bedroom TV and the splitter or the splitter itself
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:57 PM   #11
Team Bleu

I have Dish Traveler, 2 receivers - 1 for each TV and an added Adcom equipment surge protector. Can run locals and Dish with no problems. After install and I got home my husband added the ADCOM and changed the splitters. He built all the media equipment in our house, so this is his hobby. Sorry you are having issues
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #12

Key WEIRD (west) is a trip in itself you can get run over by a chicken watch the Iguna man in Mallory or try the Duval crawl 1 drink in each bar on one side to the end cross over 1 drink in eack bar otherside

will be there in a month or so
glenn56h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #13

Juju, I had a similar issue with my front TV. The video cable was not in all the way. Reception had a ghost image. Maybe the coaxial cable has come loose on the back TV as well.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Have read where the splitter used for rear and outside tv are cheap quality and will not pass sat grade signals. Located in the DVD cabinet over the pass seat. Located behind the false rear panel, remove outlets gain access to wiring and spitter is low ln hollow wall.
We have never had as good reception on the rear TV as we do on the front. Just parked here at the house the front TV would tune in 17 channels and the rear only 6. After reading this post I got ambitious and decided to check the splitter. Found it just as described and all the connections were loose. (Had to pull the AC outlet out to get it through the hole) After tightening still didn't help much so I installed a new splitter designed for HD and satellite and it solved the problem. Not only do both TV's pick up the same channels now but the signal strength is a little better.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
We have never had as good reception on the rear TV as we do on the front. Just parked here at the house the front TV would tune in 17 channels and the rear only 6. After reading this post I got ambitious and decided to check the splitter. Found it just as described and all the connections were loose. (Had to pull the AC outlet out to get it through the hole) After tightening still didn't help much so I installed a new splitter designed for HD and satellite and it solved the problem. Not only do both TV's pick up the same channels now but the signal strength is a little better.

When checking and tightening the coax take a look if they left a thin coating on the center conductor of the coax.
I had the same issue over a year ago when all the TV had issues when hooked up the campground cable.
I found the outside campground connector still had a thin clear layer of something left over the center conductor. Removed it with my nail and everything was perfect after that.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #16

Thanks for all the replies. My husband checked everything and still no reception in bedroom.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:55 PM   #17

Juju, hi
I have reread your first topic and don't really understand how you have yours wired. Several questions.
Where is your satellite receiver hooked up at?
Where does your satellite dish hook up at?
Is it possible to hook your rear TV directly up the the satellite receiver thus bypassing the motorhome's wiring? (This would tell you if your splitter is bad)
Sounds very frustrating
Hope you get it fixed soon.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:05 AM   #18

On our King Dome Sat system the way I understand it we had to run a cable from the sat receiver in bedroom up to the roof and connect it to the King Dome. There are 2 connections one is primary and the other in secondary. The only issue is you can only watch channels that are on the primary sat. If living room is on sat 119 then you can watch any channel in bedroom as long as it is on sat 119. The way we solve this issue is turn the living room tv to the show we want then go to bed and have the bedroom on the same channel. Works for us.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:48 AM   #19
Team Bleu

When we took my satellite out of my other RV and put it into this one we where have problems with no TV. It turned out to be the main cable line going from the switch box up to the roofs satellite. They sent a new line, replaced, sealed and no issues since. Has he checked the wires
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #20

When my satellite was installed I had to find the splitter and remove it it was lacated in the over head over the drivers seat. I removed it and was able to pull the wires to my switch box and now I can watch satellite on one tv antenna on another or cable. I have a 351dsf
Grouch1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown