Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #1

Two leftside switches

Does anyone know what the two switches on the far left dashboard do? The far left switch has a battery picture on it. Well, it fell apart when I was flipping it to see what it would do. Now there is a hole in the dash. Problem, I cannot find a replacement switch. The switch ID is Carlingswitch v1d1 20A 12v 0336 and has four prongs. Why does Forest River not provide pictures and labels of their dashboards? Is is top secret or simply they don't know what they did? Frustrated and ready to rid myself of Forest River.
oc4521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #2

If I have the same set up then the one with the battery is to start the motorhome using house batteries, if the motor batt goes dead. And the other has a rectangle with what looks like lightning on it is for heated mirrors.
Frank4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #3

Greetings and welcome

Google is your friend.

Try here.
V1D2GHNB-AAC00-000 Carling Technologies | 432-1088-ND | DigiKey

Here's their home page. 1-800-344-4539
Electronic Components Distributor | DigiKey Corp. | US Home Page

OR
Here's the Carling home page.
carlingtech.com

ab
Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Pete

Sorry to hear you're ready to rid yourself of Forest River. Having had other manufacturer's products, the same issues you're mentioning also reside there.

The beauty of this forum is to ask questions as you have. There are many folks that have many years experience that can help one another.

Enjoy your coach and the RV'ing experience. We're all hear to help and share. Or as you mentioned, rid yourself of FR and get a Winnebago.
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc4521 View Post
Does anyone know what the two switches on the far left dashboard do? The far left switch has a battery picture on it. Well, it fell apart when I was flipping it to see what it would do. Now there is a hole in the dash. Problem, I cannot find a replacement switch. The switch ID is Carlingswitch v1d1 20A 12v 0336 and has four prongs. Why does Forest River not provide pictures and labels of their dashboards? Is is top secret or simply they don't know what they did? Frustrated and ready to rid myself of Forest River.
to the Forums. Yes FR leaves a lot to be desired about information. Generic info seems to be their forte'. You may just want to email Greg Wagner in Parts for what you are looking for. Be sure to provide the Year and Model of the coach and Vin # would probably help as well. Good luck!

gwagner@forestriverinc.com

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote