Old 05-31-2016, 10:28 PM   #31
Senior Member - Retired

This past weekend I happened to notice the driver and passenger seats are just beginning to show the fabric deterioration issue. I guess I caught it early thanks to reading about the issue on this forum. We only have 3345 miles on our MH. June 1st is our two year anniversary so I called Williamsburg today (5/31). They were very nice and said they no longer use the material previously selected by Forest River. They are sending me material samples and suggested I call Forest River to try and get the cost covered. They offered to supply new covers for the seats at a cost of $125 per seat. They did say they are receiving two to three calls a day about the material failures. I had pictures ready, however they said they did not need pictures of the material issues. I sent an email to Kevin at Forest River and hope to hear back from him later this week. Keeping my fingers crossed that FR will cover the cost of the new covers along with the installation by an upholstery installer.

Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #32

I love how Williamsburg tries to blame Forest River by saying the material was "selected by Forest River".

I am sure FR selected the material but I am equally sure they did not expect a de-lamination within 2 years of light use! Only the buyer of the material AKA Williamsburg is responsible.

The whole issue is disgusting. FR should get a settlement from Williamsburg and cover all affected customers. Can you imagine the impression potential buyers will have about FR quality after seeing one of these?

Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:48 AM   #33
Wildland Firefighter

We had the same thing happening. I got new covers from Williamsburg, $125 each seat and put them on myself. Amazingly easy. And I have never done upholstery. I compared the materials, and the new material is totally different. No where near the look or feel of the old. So far, so good. And a shop near us wanted $600 just to put the covers on. Said No Thanks. Totally worth doing it myself. Easy-peesy.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #34

Williamsburg purchased this material from China and it was used in my 2009 Georgetown.

If they haven't already, Forest River needs to replace Williamsburg if Williamsburg doesn't replace all the defective material.

Nights Out: 2010=104, 2011=118, 2012=96, 2013=114, 2014=120 & 2105=112
Flnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:48 PM   #35

My Georgetown is a 2009 and new to me. My captain's chairs are peeling along with my sofa. I recovered the 3 cushions on the sofa myself and spent less than $30. I couldn't find a replacement sleeper sofa that would fit for less than $1000. I plan on calling Williamsburg to get the covers for the captain's chairs. I wonder how far back they have been using the shoddy material?
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fields View Post
My Georgetown is a 2009 and new to me. My captain's chairs are peeling along with my sofa. I recovered the 3 cushions on the sofa myself and spent less than $30. I couldn't find a replacement sleeper sofa that would fit for less than $1000. I plan on calling Williamsburg to get the covers for the captain's chairs. I wonder how far back they have been using the shoddy material?
I went to the Forest River Rally in Goshen, Ind. last year and the replaced Captains Chairs and my two lounge chairs, no charge. Made in USA

Nights Out: 2010=104, 2011=118, 2012=96, 2013=114, 2014=120 & 2105=112
Flnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #37

Flnomad, good reason for folks to attend the rally, which I have never done either.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #38
Happily Retired Member

upholstery cracking/peeling

My 2013 387 interior looks new , knock on wood. Maybe I am a lucky one. I also use Aerospace protectant 303 on it quite often. 303 is the best uv protectant out there. I use it on my pontoon boat that is 6 years old and the upholstery still look new. Boat seats take a real beating from the sun. I buy it from Amazon for around $55 gallon. Locally it is about $20 for a 32 oz spray bottle. Great product. I am an old car guy and I discovered that Armor All, over time, dries out vinyl. 303 it is.

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #39

Mickey, I am too I big fan of 303. I discovered it back in the late 80's when I had a nice Four Winns boat. After eight years owning it the seats etc. looked like brand new. Where it really helped was on the black fiberglass leading up to the gunnel. I applied 303 about every two weeks to keep the black shinning, which was impossible any other method. I recently purchased a gallon on Amazon for $41.50 plus tax to use almost everywhere on my Georgetown. Last week did the slide out seals, inside and out with it and some of the interior. It is also about your best defense against the sun on your tires.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #40
Happily Retired Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Mickey, I am too I big fan of 303. I discovered it back in the late 80's when I had a nice Four Winns boat. After eight years owning it the seats etc. looked like brand new. Where it really helped was on the black fiberglass leading up to the gunnel. I applied 303 about every two weeks to keep the black shinning, which was impossible any other method. I recently purchased a gallon on Amazon for $41.50 plus tax to use almost everywhere on my Georgetown. Last week did the slide out seals, inside and out with it and some of the interior. It is also about your best defense against the sun on your tires.

$41.50 for a gallon great deal. You are correct, 303 works on about anything. I do make sure my tires are always well coated also.

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote