Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2017, 08:01 AM   #21
Senior Veteran RV Owner

I am having the same problem with my drivers seat on my 2015 Georgetown 328TS. I will be getting with Forest River when my coach comes back from being serviced. Forest River will want pictures of the problem as well as a picture of the label on the seat. I am guessing the label is under the seat somewhere (I just haven't found it).
Old 02-07-2018, 11:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
We have a 2011 378 and last year Georgetown stepped up and shipped us all new covers for all our furniture. I installed it myself, an easy job. Contact FR Georgetown.
For those who have had Georgetown replace your upholstery covers, did they charge you for the covers? What is the contact info for where you got the replacements? Thanks.
enochross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by enochross View Post
For those who have had Georgetown replace your upholstery covers, did they charge you for the covers? What is the contact info for where you got the replacements? Thanks.
See post #19.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalich View Post
See post #19.
Oops, thanks. Not sure how I missed it.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:59 AM   #25

Post #19 doesn't address Georgetown line... That rep is for Coachman...

2011 GEORGETOWN 337DS
Walter Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #26

There was no charge, including shipping for the replacement 2 captains chairs and the hide-a-bed sofa coverings from FR for my 2012 Georgetown 378TS.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
There was no charge, including shipping for the replacement 2 captains chairs and the hide-a-bed sofa coverings from FR for my 2012 Georgetown 378TS.
Did you deal with Jeff Hood at Forest River or someone else?
Thanx...

2011 GEORGETOWN 337DS
Old 02-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #28

Not Jeff Hood but can't remember who it was. I contacted Williamsburg Furniture and they said to call FR. I did call FR customer service and shortly received an email from the western rep whom I supplied the pictures of the tags and the damage to via email. The rep had a, I believe, Latin name but don't remember it. Sorry. I think anyone at the Georgetown division will know of the issue and should make it right. Hundreds of units were affected.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:47 PM   #29
Senior Member - Retired

Bubbles, might you have spoken to Kevin Stratton? Not exactly an Italian name but 24 months ago he handled the Western Region and in fact refused to help me in any way to replace my failed seat coverings. I still have not replaced the coverings but sure would like too.
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:12 PM   #30

I think his name was Celestine Lopez.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Pigeon View Post
Did you deal with Jeff Hood at Forest River or someone else?
Thanx...
I just attempted to get new upholstery covers through Jeff Hood at Forest River. I have a 2011 Georgetown 350 TS. He said,

“Due to the age of your coach, I would not be able to assist with sending seat covers.”

Any hope dealing with someone else at Forest River?
Old 02-09-2018, 12:16 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by enochross View Post
I just attempted to get new upholstery covers through Jeff Hood at Forest River. I have a 2011 Georgetown 350 TS. He said,

“Due to the age of your coach, I would not be able to assist with sending seat covers.”

Any hope dealing with someone else at Forest River?
Just got the email back tonight from FR... Told me the same thing...what a pisser !!

2011 GEORGETOWN 337DS
Old 02-10-2018, 12:07 PM   #33
Georgia Gets Around

Just sent my request in - first cushion starting to delaminate.
Ridiculous that they don't use better material.

Our cushion wasmanufactured by Mastercraft. I could understand if like our boat it was parked out in the elements with hot sun all day. But our boat cushions laster longer than 2 1/2 years. Shaking my head.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:58 PM   #34
New:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparker3040 View Post
I have a 2014 Georgetown 377 XL and in just the last two weeks the upholstery on the L shaped couch and the love seat as well as the captain's chair especially the driver's chair are delaminating, cracking and peeling. Has anyone else had the same problem and if so how did you solve the problem? New upholstery, new furniture? Any response would be appreciated!
Last August, I left for the Keys for a week. When I prepped the unit and got it loaded cleaned and ready to rock and roll. All I had to do is put mom and the rest of the family in and head down the road. My mom was riding in the passenger and everything looked new. We got about 200 mile under our belt and I felt thirsty the kids were bucked and playing games at the table so Mom when back to get us a drink. When she got up. I noticed something on the seat. I asked her what she sat in. I looked again and the Pleather was pealing. By the time we got to the keys. Every seat and the couch was pealing.
I contacted Forest River and Williamsburg Furniture. They sent me new seat covers and couch cover. Word of warning the couch was the only thing not already replaced. The Passenger was replaced once the driver seat twice.
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #35
New:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amullis View Post
I am having the same problem with my drivers seat on my 2015 Georgetown 328TS. I will be getting with Forest River when my coach comes back from being serviced. Forest River will want pictures of the problem as well as a picture of the label on the seat. I am guessing the label is under the seat somewhere (I just haven't found it).
It is on the Skirt towards the back. BEWARE I never got the right set yet. I am finally just changing the color of the seats. They sent the darker color. and wrong style front seats. I just got a case from FR and they had correct covers for the front and the darker color. So I am just going to have the darker color seats.
Oh well. PS. Same year same model.
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
That must be a Coachman thing, each division in Forest River seems to operate independently. The same as yours happens on our Georgetown (2011 year model) and Georgetown stepped right up and replaced all the covers for our complete interior. That was last year, a 6 year old unit. We had to pay to have the covers replaced, no big deal I did it myself. Sorry about your coach, hope you can work it out.
I have 2010 Sunseeker and the same thing is happening to the couch and chair. RV only has 21,000 miles on it, no pets or small children.
Forest River sent me to Williamsburg and they will let me buy some more of their junk fabric and pay to have it put on. No Thanks
Now I have to find a replacement couch and chair that will fit !
dorissto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:15 PM   #37
Sunseeker 3010DS

Upholstery

Yep, apparently there was a very large batch of bad (faux leather) in the Forest River and maybe other rigs. I have a 2013 Sunseeker same thing delamination started last year. I bought my rig 1 year used so FR would not help me out. I ended up jerking that rock hard uncomfortable no good for nothing Jack knife couch out and replaced it with reclining theater seats. What a difference! Both in looks and comfort. I could sleep all night in those chairs. As for the Dinette I will be taking them to the upholstery shop and matching them with the theater recliners. A little darker, Im trying to do a little more research on quality Faux leather before I pick my fabric. Maybe the upholstery shop will help me with that. other than that and the occasional hardware failure or malfunctions I'v had no other issues. every time I need to replace something I will try and upgrade.
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:32 PM   #38

Do you happen to have pictures of your recliner chairs?
Old 03-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #39

Jeff Hood is the correct contact. I was sent a cover for a 72 inch Williamsbugs Furniture sofa in July that ended up being the incorrect cover as I have a 52" couch. If anyone needs a cover for a 72" couch let me know, I will send it to you.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #40
Sunseeker 3010DS

I Have a 2013 Sunseeker 3010DS same problem, does any one know if the new 2018 Wrap around cushions will fit the 2013? I would like to just replace them with solid truffle colored ons that I see in the 2018 brochure.
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote