Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #1

upholstery problem

We have problem with our sofa in the RV because the upholstery has become seriously worn on two of the cushions. Has anyone else had this problem. We are full-timers but I'm surprised it has happened with just a little over a year of use.

Has anyone had their cushions reupholstered? I'm not sure how I could just get them replaced.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Our sofa is leather but the dinette is the cloth material. I shows some signs of wear but mostly on the edges where you slide in. Barrel chair seems to be ok. So far though my wife has repaired the throw pillows on two occasions and the dealership did one as well. My only complaint of the leather sofa is the center cushion is just scrunged in there and never flattens out smoothly like the other two. As for the driver and passenger seats, the slots in the material for the seat belts doesn't line up at all. I brought this to FR attention and basically was told that's the way they are. Looks like crap!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #3

All of ours is leather so no problems yet.

cfoistman, the driver and passenger seats are made by Flexsteel so FR has nothing to do with it other than bolting them to the floor, should take up the issue with Flexsteel and see what they say.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
All of ours is leather so no problems yet.

cfoistman, the driver and passenger seats are made by Flexsteel so FR has nothing to do with it other than bolting them to the floor, should take up the issue with Flexsteel and see what they say.
I can't imagine they'd do anything now but I'll try. What I'm talking about is the seat belt buckle side that's mounted on the inside of the driver's seat extends out and the slot is above it. The velcro won't mate if you pull the buckle side arm up through it. It would have been better with no slot because it won't close unless its above the buckle arm. The slot is there with nothing running through it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #5

Yeah, mine does the same thing on my seats, It does't look all that good and I think they could have done it better but I have seen it on about all of their seats going back at least 15 years or more. Our old '94 Fleetwood had seets that looked the same. I have just come to live with it as one of those things that may never change unless I am willing to come up with my own solution and I just have bigger fish to fry.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
Canadian Georgetown 369XL

2 of my table cushions wore within 6 months of buying new

They replaced with no issues on warranty

My feeling is they are made of poor quality

I have put a cover on my couch to avoid damage now that it is off of warranty
Schwing2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #7

Just to let everyone know....I called the manufacturer of the sofa cushions and they replaced the cushions for me. They said there had been a problem with them. I paid for shipping, but the did replace all three cushions. It made a huge difference.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #8

Our sofa and chair is also leather. And the leather driver chair has problems with the slot for the seatbelt. The velcro always comes undone. The dining room chairs are wearing OK. We sprayed them quite heavy with scotchgurard when they were new. Maybe that helped in the wearing, I don't know. I used to do upholstry as a hobby and sense that the fabric is a loose weave and will not wear as well as some on the market.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #9

Hello,
We are having this issue also with the ultra leather couch and both captains chairs. Ours is a 2009 also and the furniture looks bad and the surface is cracking and falling off. I called the factory even though we are outside our warranty and was told that most likely they will take care of the issue. They are sending us to the dealer to have pictures taken and sent to them to asses. I'll update here when it gets resolved.