Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #1

Urgent - Advice Needed - Slides won't extend

We are unable to put both of our slides out. We moved across the park to a different site this morning and when we tried to put the jacks down we got part way and they stopped working. The slides wouldn't extend either. Through some assistance on this forum we traced the jack problem to a tripped circuit breaker under the stairs. We were able to retract the jacks but the slides still won't deploy.

I think these two problems are related but we have not been able to figure out how. We have checked the breakers and fuses in the bedroom and all are fine. Is there a fuse or breaker somewhere else that controls the slides? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We are in the middle of rural Wisconsin, our car is in the shop due to a mouse chewing wires. When it rains it pours.
Juley
JuleyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #2

Do you know where the batteries are for the Inverter? We have a 364ts 2016 and you open the battery compartment just outside the coach steps. On the far back wall of that comparent there are 2 major fuses. One is jacks and I thought the other was the AC UNITS. Look to see if those are tripped. Good luck
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:49 PM   #3

Mystery Solved!

Under the stairs there is a black box with about a dozen fuses in it. One of those fuses was blown. I replaced the fuse and the slides are working again. Thank goodness!
Thanks to all of you who offered assistance.
I've attached a photo for anyone else who might run into this problem down the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160813_171540.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	117143  
Old 08-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #4

Fuse

What we have discovered is you have to power everything down, allowing everything to cycle off, power off the refrigerator and especially the AC, then turn off the main power switch before disconnecting the power. The same is true if you're running the generator. Power everything off and then unplug. Trust me, this off sets issues.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:33 PM   #5

this has me to wondering, does anyone know where the fuses are for my slides?? My TT Surveyor Cadet 265RLDS.

Larry W8PO & Lori N8IHJ and Louie the wonder dog
2014 Surveyor Cadet 265RLDS
2015 GMC Denali HD
Ham Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #6

Julie

When you found the circuit breakers,were they under the outside retractable steps or the steps inside into the coach?
Thanks
cubsandcoltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:38 PM   #7
Retired Retail/Importer

Slide Circuit Breakers? 360PDEK

I'm hoping not to have the problem listed so many times here, but where are MY circuit breakers for my slides? 2017 360PDEK...
pledbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsandcoltsfan View Post
When you found the circuit breakers,were they under the outside retractable steps or the steps inside into the coach?
Thanks
They were under the removable panel on the inside stairs.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #9

julie

Thanks
cubsandcoltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pledbetter View Post
I'm hoping not to have the problem listed so many times here, but where are MY circuit breakers for my slides? 2017 360PDEK...

If they are over 15 amp rated, many are, check the left side circle in photo of post 3 of this thread. Large cables feeding battery cables for larger loads including slides. Circuit breakers always located close to batteries. Even on the chassis tongue.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out