Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #1

Vertical stack for 2016 GT 335DS?

We'll be tailgating this season at a stadium that requires a vertical stack on exhaust if you want to use generator. Has anyone here installed a Venturi on a 335DS? Would like to know how you routed the exhaust with the slide and what extra pieces you may have needed. I searched the forum and only came up with reference to an install on a FR3. Any assistance appreciated!
Old 08-20-2016, 09:06 AM   #2

I installed a venturi on my 337, had to extend past the slideout. It was no problem, you can go to an auto parts store and get 2 45 degree elbows and some extension pieces and clamp them together to extend the exhaust anywhere you want. I have used it many times with no problems. I also covered the joints with exhaust tape to be extra sure there were no leaks under the slide.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #3

Thanks Jim!

I measured and slideout extends 28" so I'll need enough to get out around that. If I tried to go back parallel to the coach it is a full 9' to clear the slide out. I'll take your advice and get a couple of 45 degree extensions and try to go straight out from the gen exhaust and then up.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim G View Post
I installed a venturi on my 337, had to extend past the slideout. It was no problem, you can go to an auto parts store and get 2 45 degree elbows and some extension pieces and clamp them together to extend the exhaust anywhere you want. I have used it many times with no problems. I also covered the joints with exhaust tape to be extra sure there were no leaks under the slide.
Jim. Your suggestions to use 45 degree elbows and some extensions addresses my concern about getting out under the slide. I do have a question: how did you secure the elbow and extension to the generator exhaust pipe? It needs to be removable when stack is not installed. Right? And, did you have any problem with the vertical stack clearing the slide top roller for the awning? Or is it cool enough up there not to be a proble?
DennisSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #5

Install the pipe on the exhaust pipe, drill about a 1/4"through both from top to bottom and stick a phillips screwdriver through the hole. Quick and simple
Old 08-27-2016, 11:14 AM   #6

Reply to second question: I wrapped a piece of foam pipe insulation and some duct tape around the exhaust tube, it protects from both heat and abrasion
Old 08-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #7

In response to your second question: I wrapped a piece of foam pipe insulation around the exhaust tube where it rests against the slide canopy, it protects the canopy from both heat and abrasion. I have used it for several overnight trips and have had no problems at all.