Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #41

Thanks. I ordered from Amazon today. Should be here Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes.
Flatbedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #42

I installed the Hella lights last week. I found the the red CPF wire, snaked it through a wire loom, and spliced an extension to the battery. With the red CPF wire was a blue wire marked FOG with a connector on it. I found another blue FOG wire under the hood that comes from a solenoid there and connected it to the FOG wire from under the dash. I couldn't find a good route for the wire so it is going under the dog house for now. The recommended switch works fine, but does not light up. I think it needs power for the light, but I'll leave it as is for now. The lights only come on with the key in the run position, so I am not too concerned about leaving them on by mistake.
I roughed in the focus in the driveway and the seem to be about 2xs as bright as the factory headlights. I haven't been on the road at night yet, but I am sure that once I get them dialed in just right nightime driving will be much safer and comfortable.
Thanks to all for your help.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:47 PM   #43
2006 Georgetown 340

I'm glad it worked for you. One question. Did your bumper area already have the holes cut for the lights or did you have to cut them? I do not have the holes and want to try to cut them but I'm looking for the right hole saw and procedure to complete.

Thanks in advance.
compint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #44

Were already part of the molded bumper.
Hoverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 AM   #45

My bumper was ready for the lights too.
Funny that a reply to this thread comes up now. We are 3 days into a nearly two week trip and the lights do not work! I checked all connections and fuses and I get nothing now. Maybe a relay failed? I don't really know how to test a relay. We will be sitting near Austin, TX over the weekend so I will have some time to check things out more thoroughly and should have access to parts stores if need be. Any suggestions out there?
Old 10-07-2015, 09:49 PM   #46
2006 Georgetown 340

Possibly a relay or possible corrosion on the relay? At least mine are 10 years old and looked a little corroded when I connected everything.

Thanks for the reply
Old 10-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #47
2006 Georgetown 340

FlatbedFord,

Did you get your lights working?

Tags
light