Old 02-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #11
10 years ago my popup had a stove you hang on the outside and I did not have the dealer test when I picked up my new trailer and the first time I used it nearly blew me into the next tent for when I was trying to light a burner it was leaking inside the stove unit from a lose line and when I used a stick lighter after enough gas built up inside then it went off, my new roo EVERTHING WAS TEST AND WATER TESTED OUTSIDE TO CHECK FOR LEAKS INSIDE, STOVE AND HEATER THEY TURNED ON AND LEFT IT ON TO SEE IF I HAD ANY LEAKS. IT WAS THE LONGEST WALK THRU THEY HAD EVER DONE IT WAS OVER 4 HOURS

bareftn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
I went to pull out out FR3 2015 30 DS today and as I checked all the normal stuff, i noticed the propane level was empty even though we haven't really used propane for anything and I topped it off in december...
I filled the bottle and checked for a leak at the hot water heater... We did just have some warranty work done on it from some kind of a flame out where some wires got burned... The repair guy supposedly checked all out but I checked it out with soapy water and sure enough... It was leaking at the fitting on the supply line... I tightened it up but I'm pissed because it could have csused a fire and it definatley drained $45 worth of propane.

2015 FR3 30 DS
1995 Wrangler
Miles 3708
Days Camped 28
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:05 PM   #13
Thanks for sharing folks. I need to build a list of things to check on a regular basis. I never even thought of this.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:25 AM   #14
Plugged Propane Orfices

Spiders and wasps seem to be attracted to propane. The water heater and refrigerator orifices and venturi tubes are the usual locations to check at least several times during the season. It's also a good idea to have someone watch when your propane appliances fire up after non use.

D. J. Schuler is offline   Reply With Quote

leak, propane