Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
WhoDoMan

Warrantee Work

Wasn't expecting what I would call "ridiculousness " from Forest River on my 10 month old 377xl coach.
Brought the unit in after our second trip. I expect a few issues with any new coach so not a big deal. The batteries where running over when charging at the RV park on house power. Battery acid over run in the trays and hold down hardware eaten up from acid. I noticed some run over when I picked the unit up new but they checked and said all good. Now I get a call saying no warrantee on the batteries by FR BUT the manuf will give me 60.00 per battery to replace cause the batteries are bad. I suspect the batteries have always been bad or the charging unit is over charging. They want me to write s check for a few hundred to get the batteries replace. Really after only 10 months.
Second item.. The residential refrig (Frigidare) has developed some rust on the roller mechanism in the freezer. You can tell the powder coat in that area was not applied correctly. FR says oh we don't cover rust after 90 days.... Frigidare says we only cover from 1 year from the time we sell to FR. Frigidare has come back and said if I the customer call them directly they will send the part but they will not come out to replace or pay the dealer to install.
Last item. The caulk on the slide out trim is beginning to peal off. FR says they do not warrantee caulk after 90 days. Amazing I've had the unit 10 months and it was completely covered and sat for 5 of those months.
Not the type of backing I would of expected from FR on their product. Any one else getting push back on items like this. Is there a higher up to talk to at FR. Thanks in advance.
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #2

I've had FR recommend to my dealership that I install a dehumidifier to fix the excessive condensation on the ceiling where the AC ducting is "crushed." Crushed came from the tech, not me. So no, I'm not surprised at all that FR is doing you wrong. Just dropped my rig off for the third time, also within the first 10 mos. I'm at the totally disgusted phase. You need to start out polite but become progressively firm. For example, you didn't own your RV for the first "x" months the fridge sat in a warehouse or installed, so FR and fridge mfgr. need to talk and resolve to your satisfaction. Each FR product appears to have different factory reps, so mine can't help you. Take names and document everything. Write a letter to FR with copies to the dealership GM, SM and service mrg.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote