Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #1

Warranty issues

So we took our new Georgetown XL 378 on it's first journey and are now back home and trying to get the bugs out with Camper World. The issues on this brand new model are hot water only works on propane not electric, check engine light came on the trip up and then went off halfway back home, we only have head lights on high beams, the two dash air conditioner ports on the passenger side were dripping on my wife all the way home driver side were dry, driver side blind rattling found screws on floor and needs front end alignment. Service manager at Camper World said they are responsible for water heater and blind the rest is Ford. I call Conway Ford and they said they are not responsible for anything that these are coach issues and also even though they service large trucks they can not do front end alignment on our RV. I call Camper World back to talk to service manager and the opperator said he was with a customer took my info and he would call me back, never did. I spent a lot of money on this RV and do not appreciate going thru this. We bought our first RV from a small dealership who always took good care of us but we wanted this Georgetown because of what it offered. I have seen issues with poor service from Camper World and didn't want to deal with them but we wanted this RV and had hoped for the best and now we are suffering.
Rvlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:59 AM   #2

seems like the norm for alot of rv dealers. take your money and pretty much zero service after that.

good luck, hope you get it sorted
Old 06-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #3

Everybody 'suffers' for the first year until you get the minor kinks worked out in a new RV of any kind. Call a certified independent who can do warranty work. You will be much happier and the out of service time will be much less. Good luck!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #4

Warranty Issues

Thanks is there anyone in the Myrtle Beach area that has any recommendations of were to go?
Rvlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #5

Go online to one of your nicer rv parks and find out who they have listed as mobile repair guys. That's how I found 2 mobile rv repair guys and 1 mobile chassis/engine repair guy. All have done great work and it's done that day, not sitting at rv dealer for 6 months.
sdowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdowning View Post
Go online to one of your nicer rv parks and find out who they have listed as mobile repair guys. That's how I found 2 mobile rv repair guys and 1 mobile chassis/engine repair guy. All have done great work and it's done that day, not sitting at rv dealer for 6 months.
Now that is great advice for finding independent service!!!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:23 PM   #7

Hello
Contact Ford motor Company Motorhome division, They were very helpful, they found a dealer to do the work and even made the appointment.
1-800-444-3311
Old 06-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlove View Post
Thanks is there anyone in the Myrtle Beach area that has any recommendations of were to go?
We stayed at Ocean Lakes last July, best spot for kids and adults. Had an amazing time and park was amazing.

Very hot weather though, pool and ocean was too hot.

Can't wait to go back!
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
We stayed at Ocean Lakes last July, best spot for kids and adults. Had an amazing time and park was amazing.

Very hot weather though, pool and ocean was too hot.

Can't wait to go back!
OP is needing service !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlove View Post
For warranty service, you "use any FR dealer", which is not the case normally.Welcome to the split baby issue. It is not on us to fix it.
I still have an issue with my cab AC, it is a split system and no one will take it on. Too late now..

We have used Camping Connection twice in MB. This was for a trailer. They could have overcharged us both times, but did not. I do not think they do FR warranty work.

Contact Ocean lakes, Pirate Land or Lakewood. i see various repair folks there all the time.
Good luck.
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #11

Warranty issues

Call Forest River warranty department directly and ask them what to do and who to take it to. As for the alignment our dealer told me to take it to any alignment shop that can do it and send them the invoice and they would pay for it. And they did. As with the air vent dripping water, I too had that issue. When I had my third oil change at the local Ford dealership I mentioned the water dripping and not getting cold, they checked the freon level and added 6 oz. That solved that problem. Under warranty too.
Oh and the cost of oil change at the Ford dealer is only $54.00.

Tags
warranty