Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #1

Warranty Work

Hello. First time RV owner and first post to this forum. Wish it was to say how much I am enjoying my new RV.
Inquiring to see what other FR Georgetown owners are experiencing regarding warranty work.
Purchased a new 2015 FR Georgetown 329DS in Texas. Maiden voyage was a disaster. Living room slide would not retract, coachnet instructed me on how to get retracted (not easy). Also experienced a leaking jack. Called two local dealers for warranty work, they won't work on it because I didn't purchase from them. Is that normal practices in the industry?
Guess lesson learned on not buying local.
FRGEORGE15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #2

Usually the selling dealer needs to get it back for warranty services.
Who did you buy it from and where. Are you that far away?

Here is a few names at Forest River that may help you find a dealer to do the warranty if yours is not close by.
This is the latest I have but its a year old.
Worth a call.

Georgetown Service and Warranty

Justin, 574-206-7600 or 574-534-3167

Kevin Stratton Phone: (574) 206-7611 Fax: (574) 206-2484

Email: kstratton@forestriverinc.com

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:25 AM   #3

For what it is worth... we also purchased our 328TS in TX. Camping World has always been willing to do my warranty work. - Good luck.

rkulbok
(Ron & Karin)
2015 Georgetown 328TS
Full time since October 2015
rkulbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:49 AM   #4

I would work with the Georgetown Warranty Rep on where to take it that's close to you. Been reading a lot of posts about Camping World and the quality of workmanship on this forum. Some good and some bad. Would be leary about taking a new coach to CW. Work with the warranty rep and see what he suggests.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #5

In my limited experience, the motorhome does not break when it is not in use. We have found that some dealers are less than helpful if they didn't sell you the unit. However, Forest River has been most helpful in identifying alternative sources of assistance. If not dealers, there are independent service providers of whom they may be aware. Don't forget the other Forest River products dealers. We have had success in getting service at dealers for other FR products. (they already have a warranty service relationship with FR.)

Once you get the bugs worked out you will enjoy the motorhome.
Jim Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #6

Appreciate the responses and recommendations. Looks like I'll be taking it back to the dealership where I purchased it for this warranty work.

I did send Kevin Stratton an e-mail this week, but never received a response.

If I have additional issues in the future, I will try calling him or Justin to see if there is somewhere local that FR will permit.
FRGEORGE15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty