Old 12-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #1

Warranty Work

Purchased our 2010 33 T Georgetown in April & now we have a problem with the floor. It appears to be weak, come unglued or something in the dining area, it is soft and creaks when you walk on it. Has anyone had this problem? We will be taking it to get repaired but not for a few months. Do you think I should advise/contact Forest River now about the problem now. As well we have a problem with the stricker plate for the entry door, it won't stay in place and comes loose after opening/closing the door a few times. Any advise would be appreciated.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshadowk1937 View Post
Purchased our 2010 33 T Georgetown in April & now we have a problem with the floor. It appears to be weak, come unglued or something in the dining area, it is soft and creaks when you walk on it. Has anyone had this problem? We will be taking it to get repaired but not for a few months. Do you think I should advise/contact Forest River now about the problem now. As well we have a problem with the stricker plate for the entry door, it won't stay in place and comes loose after opening/closing the door a few times. Any advise would be appreciated.
It sounds like the flooring is coming apart. I would contact both your dealer and Forest River about this problem along with the door latch. At one time last year while we were building Habitat homes, we got a load of chinese plywood and it came unglued and had to be torn off the homes and replaced. The flooring in these Georgetowns are Plywood. I don't mean the scare you but you ought to let both of them know about it. And it may just be a leak and has caused the plywood to seperate if its soft. In either case, get it fixed asap. The best senaro would be get it back to the factory so they can remove the slide and repair it. They have subcontractors in the area that do that sort of thing. There are telephone number you can call here in the forum I just don't have them handy.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #3

Anytime a problem appears you should immediately take pictures and contact your dealer and/or your manufacturer. You stated that you will be taking it in for repairs in a few months and they may tell you that's fine, but at least get it documented as soon as you spot the problem.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #4

It sounds to me like a support beam/crossmember has come loose under the subfloor assembly. I would most definitely report the problem as soon as you can, and find out how long it will be in the shop for. The door striker is an easy fix, larger screws, or wall anchors may be needed. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote