Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 01:48 PM   #1

Washer and Dryer ready??

So can someone tell me what this means?? To me it means you take the unit out and load it in the space and hook the hoses, drain and vent up and you are ready to use.. I have not seen the coach yet but I am getting the feeling the vent is not there..
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #2

The vent is not there on mine anyway just the water and drain hookups. I didn't need the vent anyway since we got a ventless washing/dryer machine
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #3

ours came with the water hookups and drain for a combo unit. The dealer added a vent. Some units are "ventless" which means they send the vapor out the drain pipe.
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 10:51 PM   #4

well since we were told it was washer/dryer ready we went and bought the vented version since reviews were better on it then a vent less model.. Oh well live and learn.. I see a three inch hole saw in my future
Old 10-30-2015, 11:20 AM   #5

Be careful when cutting hole, not much room behind unit and wall,want the vent to line up to go straight out the wall.Mine was offset on first rv and didn't vent well.I also put some pipe insulation on water lines so they don't vibrate against wall and washer/dryer,eliminating tapping noise.
conddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:38 AM   #6

RVnut, I have a 2015 378XL, vented washer/dryer were installed at the factory. I can measure the location of vent if you have the same unit. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:55 PM   #7

Mine had a drawing on the wall to were exactly cut the hole.
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #8

Adding a washer/dryer to your RV

My new SALEM came with the W/D hookup, but no vent. They probably do it this way because different model washer/dryers have differing vent locations and you usually don't really have enough room between the unit and the wall for routing an exhaust pipe. The vent has to run straight out through the exterior wall, and the hole has to be exactly in the correct position. The do-it-yourself owner has the option of buying a stackable W/D pair and a matching metal frame to hold the units (or add a shelf to hold the dryer as I did), or buy one of the W/D combo units. I previously had some bad experiences with the combo unit in townhouse we had - it was low capacity, a bear to move, difficult to work on, expensive to repair and cost a lot more to begin with. So I put medium sized matching W/D units in our RV (on sale at Sears at the time) after adding a reinforced shelf in the space for the dryer. I ran 2x2's from under the shelf down to the floor because the closet walls are too flimsy just to screw in a shelf and if you don't, you might find your dryer smashed down atop your washer after a hard ride. Doing it this way means that you have to build the shelf (or erect the metal support frame) and place the dryer exactly in position so you can determine the precise placing of the dryer vent tube to make sure the dryer outlet, vent tube and exhaust vent housing line up perfectly - only then should you cut the hole in the side of your RV. This is really a case of measuring twice (or thrice, or...whatever) and cut once, since it is somewhat difficult to move a 4" hole once it has been cut out of the side of your RV.
Another reason I bought matching units is they are much easier to handle within an RV when you are installing and repairing them. I even took up Sears on their offer to deliver and install the units into the space I had already modified since it included hoses and a full guarantee that everything was hooked up correctly. Fortunately I was able to get the vent hole exactly positioned by measuring and remeasuring several times, but unfortunately the installation resulted in a wet floor because they neglected to open the outside drain valve into the gray water system before doing a run test. And be sure to open a nearby window on the opposite side when using the dryer, otherwise you will end up with a lot of humid air being leaked back into your RV and adding a lot of extra running time on your dryer. All in all, it took a lot more effort than I anticipated, but once done, it was well worth it - especially since my wife loves it.
Alexha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:08 PM   #9

well I got a brand new hole saw today.. I was told the location is marked but I will measure about 6 times to make sure.. It would kill me to put a hole in the wrong spot on a brand new unit..We purchased the Splendide 2100 vented version which is what FR puts in the equipped models.. We would of had them do it but dealer wanted $3000 for the option but we could get the Washer/Dryer for $1000 on sale and we had a budget we wanted to stick to
Old 10-30-2015, 11:12 PM   #10

Does anyone know how thick the back of the cabinet to the outside of the skin is on the 364?? So a small brain fart.. Bought a 3" hole saw instead of a 4".... I guess I will exchange it on Monday when we pick up our new coach
Old 11-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #11
New:

I have a question. I have 328ts, has utility closet. My uncle had a brand new combo unit that was in his winter home. How does it mount in the closet. I can not find any brackets or mounting hardware online! Because I didn't buy it from CW they told me they couldn't help. Info Much appreciated.
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:10 PM   #12

When we bought our new Allegro Bus ( Tiffin MH) it was washer/dryer ready and did not have the vent cut into the unit. The vents are cut in when the washer/dryer is installed and is no big deal to add.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
Does anyone know how thick the back of the cabinet to the outside of the skin is on the 364?? So a small brain fart.. Bought a 3" hole saw instead of a 4".... I guess I will exchange it on Monday when we pick up our new coach
Have the dealer drill the vent hole (free of course) for you. That's a small "favor" to ask of them since you bought your coach from them!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #14

If it's a Spendide comb unit they make a bracket to secure the front legs to the bottom of the cabinet,
Home
> RV Appliances
> Washers & Dryers
> Vents, Pans & Stack Kits
> Splendide SecureFit Brackets

Splendide SecureFit Brackets

Item #:48026Brand:SplendideModel:MK01 Average Rating:

(No reviews)
Be the first to Write a Review.

Quick Overview

Specially designed kit secures the appliance to the vehicle floor to eliminate movement-linked problems like detached or kinked hoses and more.

Price: $13.77 $12.96
You Save: $0.81 (6%)

Qty:

Email to a Friend

You can buy them online at Dyer RV Supplies. You will also find information on installation on the Spendide website and other a parts and accessories.Be sure to install a brace across the top of the unit during travel to keep unit from tipping out.I installed a 2x4 across the top and attached the board to the inside front of cabinet where you have the frame to secure the board.
conddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by compman69 View Post
I have a question. I have 328ts, has utility closet. My uncle had a brand new combo unit that was in his winter home. How does it mount in the closet. I can not find any brackets or mounting hardware online! Because I didn't buy it from CW they told me they couldn't help. Info Much appreciated.
Ours just sits in place. You can use L brackets to hold it down if you want. Dealer told us that it would rock the coach more if it was tied down. ours is not tied down and we still get a free ride when it starts to spin.... We have gone 330o miles and not had a problem with the unit moving.

If you use your Uncle's unit, get two folks to move it, remove the cabinet doors, you may also to remove the fridge doors to get the unit down hall. Also measure before bringing it in, make certain it will fit.
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #16

Well after a lot of back and forth with the factory I found out that the sticker marking where to drill the 4" hole was miss located by 10 inches.. I am glad I measured the washer/ dryer first and then asked what was going on.. So the unit is all hooked up except the vent.. I have tried to hook up a piece of flexible tubing since I did not think a solid hook up of the vent strait to the unit was a good thing but that looks like my only options.. I have tried to get a flex tube in for vibration purposes but that is impossible.. There is just no room so we will slide in the vent with the 4" sheet metal tube and see what happens.. Other than this problem the install was not bad.. The hole cut in the wall for the water and drain lines was made by a beaver and I was not impressed
Old 02-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #17

Got it all done and buttoned up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	washer dryer installed 007.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	473.9 KB
ID:	99279   Click image for larger version

Name:	washer dryer installed 008.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	99280   Click image for larger version

Name:	washer dryer installed 009.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	340.3 KB
ID:	99281  
Old 02-09-2016, 08:21 PM   #18

For those of you with washer/dryer is it worth it? Heard mixed reviews...thanks

Looks very nice, glad it worked out!
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:34 PM   #19

We have the separate Splendide washer and dryer units. They are great and we would not want to be without them.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #20

I just have the combo Splendide unit and believe me I would not be without it. If I had room for a stackable I would jump at it but I don't so the combo is the next best thing. I love my combo!
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote