Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #11

Iggy, it looks great. What kind of detergent do you use? Right now I have a washer and dryer, I use the Purex all in one stuff, can I use it in the combo?

Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 58, 2017 - 86

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePM View Post
Iggy, it looks great. What kind of detergent do you use? Right now I have a washer and dryer, I use the Purex all in one stuff, can I use it in the combo?

I know that others will say not to use the sheets like you use but we have been using them for 2 years without any issues. The manual on the unit says that it may get caught between the tub and body when spinning.
We will continue to use them as they are easy and simple for a wash/dryer.
Attached Images

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #13

My grandparents had a Splendide for 7yrs in their MH before getting rid of the MH. The only problem they had was that the handle to open it broke off. I am not sure if they tried opening mid cycle where it is locked or not. But, from that point on they always kept a spare handle on hand in the MH. Splendide was awesome with the parts and they sent it right away, they even told my grandfather it was a common part they often send for replacement.

Again, could have been a user error and that wouldn't deter me from purchasing one. But, if anyone else notes that problem, it might worth keeping an extra handle on hand. When it broke, it was hard to open the door to get your clothing out.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagstaffer06 View Post
My grandparents had a Splendide for 7yrs in their MH before getting rid of the MH. The only problem they had was that the handle to open it broke off. I am not sure if they tried opening mid cycle where it is locked or not. But, from that point on they always kept a spare handle on hand in the MH. Splendide was awesome with the parts and they sent it right away, they even told my grandfather it was a common part they often send for replacement.

Again, could have been a user error and that wouldn't deter me from purchasing one. But, if anyone else notes that problem, it might worth keeping an extra handle on hand. When it broke, it was hard to open the door to get your clothing out.

My DW is the operator of the machine. I still can't figure it out. All I do is tell which light is on.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #15
Anacortesians

I'm surprised to read all the accolades to the Splendide. A few years back, we decided to get a combination machine to free up some space in the laundry room of the S&B for alternative use. We bought a machine called a "Eurotech" which looked identical the the Splendide models in Camping World.

It was a disaster. One of its big selling points was the much faster spin speed, which got the clothes drier before the heated drying cycle started. What we found was the the heavy wet clothes all in the bottom of the tub when that spin cycle kicked in caused such horrendous vibrations, pictures fell off the wall in the adjacent bedroom and wall-board nails popped out in the laundry room.

When we compained, the manufacture's rep came in and installed an alternate vesrion of the controller. It monitored out-of-balance and never allowed the faster spin to get started. The clothes were still so wet when the drying cycle kicked in (a 115v heater rather than the typical US dryer's 220) drying took 6 hours, even on a load about 1.3rd of a typical machine.

We tried smaller and smaller loads, but could never get the stupid thing to work well. Eventually, the manufacturer gave us a credit for the wholesale price and we reverted to the typical Whirlpool pair.

A relative in the UK has a Zanussi machine that is very similar and has never had a problem in 10 years.

Our experience has soured us on any horizontal axis/front loading washing machine because of the out-of-balance vibration problem. I wait to be convinced by demonstration with a typical family load of towels.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by F and E Damp View Post
I'm surprised to read all the accolades to the Splendide. A few years back, we decided to get a combination machine to free up some space in the laundry room of the S&B for alternative use. We bought a machine called a "Eurotech" which looked identical the the Splendide models in Camping World.

It was a disaster. One of its big selling points was the much faster spin speed, which got the clothes drier before the heated drying cycle started. What we found was the the heavy wet clothes all in the bottom of the tub when that spin cycle kicked in caused such horrendous vibrations, pictures fell off the wall in the adjacent bedroom and wall-board nails popped out in the laundry room.

When we compained, the manufacture's rep came in and installed an alternate vesrion of the controller. It monitored out-of-balance and never allowed the faster spin to get started. The clothes were still so wet when the drying cycle kicked in (a 115v heater rather than the typical US dryer's 220) drying took 6 hours, even on a load about 1.3rd of a typical machine.

We tried smaller and smaller loads, but could never get the stupid thing to work well. Eventually, the manufacturer gave us a credit for the wholesale price and we reverted to the typical Whirlpool pair.

A relative in the UK has a Zanussi machine that is very similar and has never had a problem in 10 years.

Our experience has soured us on any horizontal axis/front loading washing machine because of the out-of-balance vibration problem. I wait to be convinced by demonstration with a typical family load of towels.
Smaller loads is the way we do it and last time I checked power in the UK is 250 volts 50 hz which makes a difference compared to 120 volt 60 hz.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
We have a 378TS and here is what it looks like installed in the closet.
I have the vented version but they also see a non-vented version.
Looks exactly like what we have! Would not be without it.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #18

Like the way it is installed up off the floor. Mine sits right on the floor and while I love using it (as I am right now) sometimes I feel like its a long way down to the door.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #19

All Splendides have an emergency button (at least I am told that) at the bottom behind the panel. Our's is a model 2100XC. We had to use it once because I stupidly overloaded it and it was confused on being dry. Anyway live and learn. Love my unit.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #20

Splendide makes fine washer\dryer unit. We have the separate units and our dryer is vented. It will dry a load of towels in approx. 45 mins. This is the first trailer with a washer\dryer and I'll tell you we're spoiled having this convenience. I couldn't see us without one again.

1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote