Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Posts: 34
Question Washer/Dryer question

Hi
I am thinking about putting in the Splendide 7100 XC Washer/Dryer in the Georgetown 2011 378T.
Does anyone have one of these installed? I hesitate to use the specs (from Splendide:
33 1/8"H x 23 1/2"W x 22 1/4"D ) for sizing and would like some real life input.

CampingWorld has it on sale this week
__________________

__________________
Homejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wherever we are parked!
Posts: 423
Same rig, Same washer/dryer, great fit.
__________________

__________________
Lostdog
2011 Georgetown 378TS in FireMist
2013 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 310
We have it in our GT 360..great machine...happy wife...happy life.
__________________
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 855
As long as it is a vented model I would go for it. If it is a ventless model there is no way I would touch it.
__________________
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 310
I agree...we had a non vented on in one of our mh's....it washed fine but never did dry the clothes...vented is the only way to go.
__________________
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Anacortesians
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 1,167
Even the vented ones are a bit wimpy compared to a residential dryer, as they're 115V rather than 220 and are often limited by the campground electrical supply.

If I were full-timing, I guess it would make some sense compared to laudromats, but I'd be very reluctant to buy one and certainly not an unvented one.

We had a residential combo machine (non-vented) for a short while that looks identical to the Splendide. It was called a "Eurotech" and was made (I think) by an Italian company called Zanussi. It was a disaster.

When the washer went into the spin cycle, the out-of-balance forces would dislodge pictures off the wall in the next room and popped some of the drywall nails in the laundry room. I was set to build a spring and damper equipped support platrform for it before we decided to abandon the thing (still have the springs!) Drying three bath towels took about 18 hours!

We had the service techs out to it about every third day for four months or so (under warranty) before we gave up on it. Five different controllers were installed, but none of them were better than the original one. We got refund of 100% of the wholesale price from the manufacturer and the original dealer gave us a good trade-in for conventional Whirlpool residential units. Saving the floor space in our very tight laundry room wasn't worth the hassle.
__________________
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homejames View Post
Hi
I am thinking about putting in the Splendide 7100 XC Washer/Dryer in the Georgetown 2011 378T.
Does anyone have one of these installed? I hesitate to use the specs (from Splendide: 33 1/8"H x 23 1/2"W x 22 1/4"D ) for sizing and would like some real life input.

CampingWorld has it on sale this week
I purchased the 7100xc in March, tested with two loads in Garage and worked fine with drying. Intalled in my 378TS and have done 4 loads thus far. It drys and overdrys. I've been using timed cycles and the first time the clothes were superheated and dry as leaves in the fall. Too much, now dry smaller (not 3 pieces) and just check during the drying. If you shake out on removal they will be dry in less then a few minutes. No holes in roof or destroy geat paint job on sides. Use liquid softener and HE Detergent it should work, does for us.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by donn View Post
As long as it is a vented model I would go for it. If it is a ventless model there is no way I would touch it.
Yes vented.
Also even if your MH has the prep done that doesn't mean the water lines are hooked up into the system. My dealer had to remove the water heater and hook up the lines behind it.
My DW used it on our shakedown trip and did underwear and blue jeans. She was happy and is worth the expense if you are on the road for weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 135.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	14317  
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nestled in the Okanagan Valley
Posts: 39
We also have the Splendide W/D in our 378. We have used it for over two years and it has performed well with just a couple of exceptions. First we discovered that it needed to be rinsed out regularly or the soap residue builds up and the dryer gets very hot when drying as the internal vents get plugged. Second, we have had to develop a drying procedure to prevent the unit from developing a pungent smell and mold growth. We make sure that the water is completely dried out from behind the door ring, and have removed the soap dispenser and cleaned it as it tends to accumulate residue and starts to grow. We leave the door partially open until the tub has dried as well. There is a special technique that we learned from Splendide to activate the rinsing procedure. Last, but not least, we have regularly drained the bottom filter of standing water and cleaned its filter. We also clean out any accumulated lint in the outside vent as it tends to stick to the vent in cooler weather. Like so many things with the RV lifestyle, constant attention is needed to keep it running at peak performance.
__________________
CVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVan View Post
We also have the Splendide W/D in our 378. We have used it for over two years and it has performed well with just a couple of exceptions. First we discovered that it needed to be rinsed out regularly or the soap residue builds up and the dryer gets very hot when drying as the internal vents get plugged. Second, we have had to develop a drying procedure to prevent the unit from developing a pungent smell and mold growth. We make sure that the water is completely dried out from behind the door ring, and have removed the soap dispenser and cleaned it as it tends to accumulate residue and starts to grow. We leave the door partially open until the tub has dried as well. There is a special technique that we learned from Splendide to activate the rinsing procedure. Last, but not least, we have regularly drained the bottom filter of standing water and cleaned its filter. We also clean out any accumulated lint in the outside vent as it tends to stick to the vent in cooler weather. Like so many things with the RV lifestyle, constant attention is needed to keep it running at peak performance.

Thanks. I will have to look into the filter the vent cleaning but all are good ideas if you want it to last.
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.