Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #1

Waste water tank

When I drain my waste water tank it drains slow. Something is partway blocking the pipe. Any ideas on how to unblock it. Or could it be the valve...it does pull out
Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:23 AM   #2

Get a fitting from the RV supply that connects to drain pipe and has a water hose connector, flush back into the tank to push the obstruction away from the outlet then try draining again. Some people have found a round piece of the tank which comes from manufacturing when they drill the holes for the vent pipe etc it is dropped in the tank and the worker didn't bother to get it out, since you stated 'waste water tank' I am assuming grey tank if it is the black tank (from toilet) it may be TP or poop etc and just needing a good back flushing and cleaning.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #3

Had that exact problem on my grey water tank, but the piece that you speak about clogging had made it down to the grey water valve. Got home from a trip and removed the four bolts where the valve attaches to. Removed a piece of plastic, put some vaseline on the valve and reinstalled. Took all of 10 minutes, and half of that time was wondering how I would not get any leftover grey water on my shoes.

2013 351ds
Watertown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #4

Thanks I got it cleared by back flushing the gray tank. Don't know what it was but it's clear and draining properly
Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:55 PM   #5

Great to hear, good luck and happy camping.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #6

When I bought my '09 Freelander the grey drained extremely slowly, like 30 minutes to empty. I took the valve apart and found that the O-Rings had plastic discs in them, I took them out and it worked fine, but couldn't figure out what the discs were for and hoped I didn't screw something else up by removing them. I later saw some replacement O-Rings at a camping store and they come with discs just to keep them in shape during shipping, you're supposed to discard them. Whoever assembled the valve (probably Valterra rather than Coachman) never removed them after seating the O-rings.
Towing 2016 Chevy Sonic LT
TLAK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank