Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #1

Water Filter?!?!?!

OMG! I just spent most of the day dewinterizing the bus. Thanks for the help, btw, in the other threads I started. Things went fairly smoothly once I found the water heater & bypass which was conveniently hidden under the sink and required the removal of a drawer to get to it.

Ran water into the tank, cranked on the pump, opened the faucets, pink stuff ran out, clear water ran out! Turned the valves on the bypass, filled the water heater, flipped the button and and and HOT WATER!!

I'm feeling pretty smug about now. Then I checked the stupid water filter which didn't have the filter in it but was just the bowl. WHAAAT??? There freakin' pink stuff in the bottom.

Now what? I was afraid to unscrew the bowl because I thought water might be in the lines and run out so I drained the fresh tank, opened the faucets and drained water out of them. Okay.... now for getting the damn bowl off.

I don't know WHO woke up one morning and said lets put the water filter in a little compartment under the bed and to make it more interesting lets move it out of the opening & off to the side. For even more fun, lets make the door smaller than the filter and make sure the bowl fills completely so it can't be tipped without water spilling out and let's not tell them how to do it!

I had to lay on my belly, shoulder on the door and unscrew the bowl. Once I had it unscrewed, I couldn't get it out without tipping it sideways. And and and... guess what is right by the bowl???? Some sort of electric something for the slide. Surely there is a special place for the engineer that designed that setup.

Here's a pic:

So there I was with a full bowl of water and no way to get it out. Thank heavens I had enough sense to lay down a plastic bag and a couple of towels before I started. I stewed and fussed and cussed some then put my seldom used turkey baster to work. I duct taped a straw to the tip and used it to suck out the water enough so I could dump it into a bowl.

Here is the Water Filter Water Removal Tool. Get yours today... special sale price of $9.99 + shipping.

As many user friendly cool things that G'town put in this coach, why on earth would they put the filter there?? Why not in the outside compartment where there is a nest of hoses that run this every which way?

I was able to do it but it was not comfortable. I know that there are lots of people that cannot lay flat on their belly and scrunch into position to maintain that filter. There's got to be a better way! I did not put the filter in it since I didn't want to have wrestle it too when we winterize. I think I'll investigate capping that off and using an inline filter from the hose to the coach if we use one at all.

Any advice?

I do feel better now that I vented the steam off!

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #2

I purchased two GE filter canisters from HD and coupled them with a plastic union. I put a female hose connection on the IN side and a male connection on the OUT side. I then put a hose "Y" on the discharge side. I then put a charcoal filter in one canister and a fiber filter in the other. I put the two units into a kitty litter pail for support after drilling several holes in the bottom of the pail. I then connected the unit to either my water tank filler or to the city water connection. I slide the unit under the MH when camping with city water. Just leave the empty canister in place under the bed and only deal with it when you winterize.
jmacintyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #3

I notice your space is very small but if there is room to put can you slide a cool whip tub under it then set the tub upright - if so that will catch most of the spill. Our filter is so hard to get to I just removed the whole thing. Used a 1/2 in brass coupling to fasten the water hose together! Will use the cheap inline filter on the water hose.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

In our Georgetown 330TS model, the water filter is in the outside compartment for all the water connections, along with the outdoor shower.

Why would they locate it where yours is?????

Idiots!

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
In our Georgetown 330TS model, the water filter is in the outside compartment for all the water connections, along with the outdoor shower.

Why would they locate it where yours is?????

Idiots!
Same here. Thanks for reminding me to buy a new filter
Old 04-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
River Guy

Hi Guys,

Newbie here. Ijust bought a 2007 Georgetown 370TS and I was wondering a couple of things.

1. What kind of filter is it and where cna I purchase one?
2. How effective are they and does it affect teh water pressure?

Thanks everyone and love the site so far.
bherberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #7

They are basic filters is you get the right one you will not decrease your water pressure much. If you get the ones that block 99% of contamintes you will find out that you lost much of your water pressure.
Mine is a baisc filter that takes the large particles out. Actually mine can be removed and washed off and reused.

This is my replacement information

Waterpur CCI-10-Ca (CCI-10-C)

• Rated for 10,000 gallons of chlorine reduction for one year
  • Initial pressure drop of only 2.6 psi where others have pressure drops of 10 psi or more
  • CCI-10-CA filter is a WQA Gold Seal Certified Product
  • High Performance Coconut Shell Carbon
  • Thick Wall For Long Life, Greater Chlorine Taste And Odor Reduction
  • Solid Compression Molded Carbon Block For Long Life
  • Highly Effective Chlorine Reduction Through 10,000 Gallons At 2.5 GPM Flow Rate
  • Reduces Sand, Fine Sediment And Rust Particles
  • Reduces Certain Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
  • Temperature Range: 40-165 Degrees Farenheit (4.4-73.8 Degrees Celcius)
  • Do Not Allow This Unit To Freeze
  • Recommend Replacement Of Filter Cartridge Every 12 Months
  • Replacement Cartridge For Model Number CCI-10-CLW And CCI-10-CLW12 Filter Housing Canister
  • Fits Standard 10-inch Filter Housings For 2 1/2-inch to 2 7/8-inch OD Cartridges
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water_Filter.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	29279  
Attached Images

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresdogsr View Post
Same here. Thanks for reminding me to buy a new filter
Where is a good place to buy one at a reasonable price?

Waterpur CCI-10-Ca or equal sub
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bherberger View Post
Hi Guys,

Newbie here. Ijust bought a 2007 Georgetown 370TS and I was wondering a couple of things.

1. What kind of filter is it and where cna I purchase one?
2. How effective are they and does it affect teh water pressure?

Thanks everyone and love the site so far.
to the Forums. I see our RVs are related, so if there's any info you might need, I probably have it. Iggy covered the Filter. I've bought some on eBay for about half the price listed by FR. I check there occasionally because the deals aren't always available. I would caution you to check a few things with your 2007.
1st.-Keep an eye on the water heater compartment door. Due to the small support inside the panel may come loose.
2nd.- Check out the junction box in the bottom compartment in the rear bath closet to the right. If you open the hamper there should be an access panel in there. In my case there wasn't. I had an electrical issue and it was inside that box.
3rd.-Check the rear compartment on the passenger side. In the top there is an access panel that covers the trap from the shower. I had to trim the back wall of the compartment about a 1/4" to allow the trap move slightly. The screw on ring on mine broke and I believe that's why. Once repaired it's been fine since.
If you check out my page you'll find a wiring schematic for the 2007 GT370TS.

Enjoy your coach, be safe and

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #10

Smile Blow out water lines before removing filter

To prevent spillage, I blow out the water lines before removing the filter.

2011 2902ss Rockwood Ultralight
2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0L Diesel (255 hp @ 2900 rpm / 430 lb-ft @ 1,400-2,800 rpm)
3P ProPride Hitch
RV Mods
Wandering RV Life
WestCoastRV'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
River Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post

to the Forums. I see our RVs are related, so if there's any info you might need, I probably have it. Iggy covered the Filter. I've bought some on eBay for about half the price listed by FR. I check there occasionally because the deals aren't always available. I would caution you to check a few things with your 2007.
1st.-Keep an eye on the water heater compartment door. Due to the small support inside the panel may come loose.
2nd.- Check out the junction box in the bottom compartment in the rear bath closet to the right. If you open the hamper there should be an access panel in there. In my case there wasn't. I had an electrical issue and it was inside that box.
3rd.-Check the rear compartment on the passenger side. In the top there is an access panel that covers the trap from the shower. I had to trim the back wall of the compartment about a 1/4" to allow the trap move slightly. The screw on ring on mine broke and I believe that's why. Once repaired it's been fine since.
If you check out my page you'll find a wiring schematic for the 2007 GT370TS.

Enjoy your coach, be safe and
cfsoistman,

Thanks, I will definitely check that out.

On another note, Do you know of any drain hoses that have a "y" in them for both holding tanks? i would think that since they made it that way, that they someone would provide something like that, but, I haven't found one yet.
bherberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 AM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bherberger View Post
cfsoistman,

Thanks, I will definitely check that out.

On another note, Do you know of any drain hoses that have a "y" in them for both holding tanks? i would think that since they made it that way, that they someone would provide something like that, but, I haven't found one yet.
Rotating "Y" Sewer Connection - Valterra F02-2030 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World

This is the set-up I have. Along with [3] 10 ft hoses and [3] 5 ft hoses. So depending on the drain location at the campground I can adjust the lengths of each line.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #13

Welcome to the forum and the world of Georgetown! I buy my filters at Wal-Mart by the plumbing department, not RV supply isle. They have different types that filter out different particles. You will pay double or more buying anything associated to being a "motor home" or "RV" part, especially at a dealer or even the internet.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Two 5 micron filters at ace hardware 8 bucks.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=125

Micron rating chart
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote