Old 03-22-2015, 12:29 PM   #11
Tim & Lisa Trempert
Originally Posted by Will Parish View Post
Took our 2015 335 to a nearby campground, Stagecoach RV, Branson, MO. to summerize and check everything out before our upcoming trip to Kerrville, TX. I installed a new filter in the whole house filter, put water in the tank and connected to city water. No leaks...yeah!! An hour or so later I heard a loud bang outside, and just assumed in was from somewhere in the park. In a bit, I turned on the faucet and had no water, so I went outside to check it. The bang I heard was the water filter blowing off. Water was gushing everywhere. The canister threads on and I had tightened with the filter wrench. So, I put it back on, this time leaving the filter out. Turned the water on slowly so I could watch it fill, and after it filled, before my eyes, it starts to unscrew until it finally pops off. Did this three or four times, and thinking it was pressure related , I switched to the pump. While this helped it eventually still twisted loose enough to leak badly, but not to the point of coming off. As a temp fix, I left the handle on and used a strap to hold it in place. I have decided to just remove the filter altogether. One less thing to worry about.

More than likely there was water in the threads that froze over the winter. If you look closely you will probably see a hairline fracture vertically across the threads that opens up when it's under pressure.

Why do I think this? Hmmmm....experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #12
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Pipe thread is pipe thread. I'd be more concerned about the hitch-hiker you picked up along the way wanting a drink.

Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #13
Thanks for all the replies. I am going to totally bypass the water filter loop. Doubt that it provided much filtration anyway.
Will and Patty
2015 Georgetown 335DSF
2012 GMC Acadia
2014 Harley Davidson Tri-Glide
Will Parish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #14
Canadian Member
They definitely provide filtration. The stock WaterPur filter provides filtration down to a level that's a lot finer than just dirt particles. However, if you only go to familiar campgrounds where you trust the water source you'll likely be fine without the filter. For years we only stayed at Provincial Parks and we trust their water because they are government run parks. We now stay at some private parks so I'm less trusting if their water source is a private well.

Others choose to remove the stock filter setup from inside the trailer and have a filter setup outside so if it breaks it doesn't dump water in the trailer.

If you are interested in an outside filter setup, try this website that a lot of people here buy from.

You can also look into "whole house" filter systems from Home Depot, etc. but do some research before you buy to see what the filters do and to decide what level of filtering you want, if any.
2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8293SS, 12K Equal-i-zer
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73
Fondly remembered:
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 4x4, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:31 PM   #15
what is the size and micron for a water filter in a georgetown 350 (2012)

bojack is offline   Reply With Quote

leak, water, water filter