Old 03-30-2015, 12:23 AM   #11

Perhaps the water temp is high enough that the heater doesn't need to come on. Run some hot water for a few minutes and it should come on. Make sure the electrical switch is off.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 03-30-2015, 01:00 AM   #12

The water heater isn't even on, empty and drain plug removed, like I said still winterized.

USAF Vet
bigoil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:20 AM   #13
WDK

If the red light is on as for propane....it means that the propane is not lighting....it will attempt to light it three times before shutting down for safety and the red light will remain on. You can try again but after so many attempts you have to find out why it's not lighting...after the second or third attempt you can be sure the air is out of the system so start thinking the ingnighter making sure your propane tank valve is in full of course. If you are using the electric switch on the outside panel then make sure you have water through out the whole system by turning on all your faucets....shower too and make sure you have hot water flow(it won't be hot) and then turn the switch to the on position and within a few seconds you will hear the familiar sizzle....if you turn it on with the system void of water, that heater element will fry itself.

WDK
Old 03-30-2015, 07:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoil7 View Post
The water heater isn't even on, empty and drain plug removed, like I said still winterized.
Sounds like your wh may be in lock out mode. After so many attempts to ignite and doesn't the system goes into lock out mode and the switch should be set to off for a few minutes before re-trying. Your propane valve is open, correct? Check the owners manual for this feature.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:09 AM   #15
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I'm confused. I thought they were talking about water heaters... not furnaces.

Sent (I think)
It's just that most people, including the folks that build them, refer to it as the burner. Suburban 010843 Burner Assembly
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&K Hoffman View Post
It's just that most people, including the folks that build them, refer to it as the burner. Suburban 010843 Burner Assembly
Like most folks refer to a "Hot water heater", why do you want to heat hot water? It is a water heater, not a hot water heater.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:18 AM   #17

Hard to believe iv had this MH for over a year now and had never noticed the light go on ( except when it is first turned on) every time it cycled on...Ok.. From what I gather..its normal for the light to come on every time it tries to light... Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer this question...
Old 03-30-2015, 08:35 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Sounds like your wh may be in lock out mode. After so many attempts to ignite and doesn't the system goes into lock out mode and the switch should be set to off for a few minutes before re-trying. Your propane valve is open, correct? Check the owners manual for this feature.
Thanks Bubbles, but no, the propane is turned off as well. I am not actually trying to start it, just wondering if it is normal, or in other words, was there any harm done when someone left that indoor switch on. I'll be de-winterizing in a few days, so I'm sure I'll find out anyways
Thanks all.
USAF Vet
bigoil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #19
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Like most folks refer to a "Hot water heater", why do you want to heat hot water? It is a water heater, not a hot water heater.
Yep, old George Carlin routine.

M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #20

Question

Well I'm really confused. I have a 2014 Puma, which has the Puma light/button near the sink on the wall. My red hot water light stays on all the time. If I turn it off, the hot water goes off. If I run out of propane on a cold night, the light is still on but the water gets cold. I turn the light off for about 10 seconds and turn it back on, and the water starts heating again. Now, after reading all your posts I'm wondering why my red light stays on all the time. The Puma "Control Center" is cheaply made and the only thing that works on it is that red light for the hot water heater. The sensors on the tanks are a joke, and even though I use the water softener/Dawn trick, which does make it smell good, all 3 tanks show full all the time.

Moved from a 2,000 SF home into a 2014 Puma, about 260 SF. On two acres. We brought in power, water, and installed septic system. We've been here a year now, my wife, myself, and an 80lb female Weim named Daisy. We can barely see our nearest neighbor, one of two.
Sirwriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, light, water, water heater