Old 05-10-2009, 02:02 AM   #1

water heater reset light

I have a Georgetown 378. Recently, the water heater reset light keeps coming on and I can't seem to get it to stay off. I turn the water heater on and off at the command console. The light sometimes goes off for a while but it will come back on.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Old 05-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #2

Click Here . See page 12.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:27 PM   #3

I didn't see anything that addressed my issue. I have a reset light that won't go out. The RV came with a Installation and Operation Manual of the water heater. In there, I did not see anything about how to make that reset light go out. In fact, I'm confused as to the purpose of the reset light. The manual says there is no pilot light. I would assume the reset light is telling you that the pilot light is out. If you know anything that would help me, please respond.

I have a repairman coming next week but would rather settle it before then if it's an easy fix. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:38 PM   #4

Is the gas side igniting? If not, the circuit board is probably bad on the water heater. The reset light will stay on if the water heater is not starting on gas. You will need to have the circuit board replaced. Been there, done that. It will cost about $100 for the board, plus labor if you have the dealer install it. Mine was in an area of the trailer that I gladly paid the dealer to put it in.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Is the gas side igniting? If not, the circuit board is probably bad on the water heater. The reset light will stay on if the water heater is not starting on gas. You will need to have the circuit board replaced. Been there, done that. It will cost about $100 for the board, plus labor if you have the dealer install it. Mine was in an area of the trailer that I gladly paid the dealer to put it in.
One good way to test the circuit board is to open the cover to the heater and have someone flip the switch inside while you stand outside and listen for the "click click click" of the ignitor trying to start the gas. If no sounds then most definately the board.

If indeed you have to replace the circuit board I would HIGHLY recomend Dinosaur Electronics boards www.dinosaurelectronics.com.

Unfortunately the do not sell to the public any more. I used to buy directly from them but it has been some time since I did. Seems to me I used to order right from their web site. Their boards are superior in quality and performance to OEM boards in most cases.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Is the gas burner igniting? or is the light always on or intermittently coming on? If it is periodically coming on check the venting for any possible blockage, Bee's nest[be careful] or mouse home, that would cause to burner to shut off and temperture stat has not been satisfied causing it to start over again. Just another possibility!! Let us know what you or the mechanic find out. Good luck.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote