Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #1

water heater tank shifted

Got a good one for you all! While coming down one of Americas worst roads I-55, the road was so bad the strap that holds the outside compartment where the hotwater tank is located (Georgetown xl 377 2015) broke and let the tank shift to where the side was sticking out about 3" on the front edge of compartment (just behind rear wheel well). My question is, is there something in the tank compartment that holds the tank in place or is it just the straps that hold the outside skin place. I didn't want to start trying to get the front panel off the compartment to find out that the tank just sets there.thanks in advance for your input. jerre turner
Jerre turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

This thread might help you fix your issue.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...mod-21579.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #3

thanks, that describes my problem to a tee!, now to get into there and get it fixed
Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerre turner View Post
thanks, that describes my problem to a tee!, now to get into there and get it fixed
You should be able to push it back in place for now until you able to fix.
My fix was to drill from below and secure the wood do it wouldn't shift again.

Good luck.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
You should be able to push it back in place for now until you able to fix.
My fix was to drill from below and secure the wood do it wouldn't shift again.

Good luck.

Same thing I walked by the heater and saw it sticking out crawled under and saw thi inadqueat (1) screw had rusted and failed. Lucky for me carry a few things and was able to reset a couple more brackets and ss screws no more movement can’t show a pic at this time
jacked250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:06 PM   #6

Fixed it, beefed up screws and brackets, wood was secured to bottom, however nothing secures tank to wood, perhaps there should be a strap or something. /but this will hold it for the time being as any further modifications require entire unit and side. thanks for everyone's input
Old 10-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

WOW, what a sad thing that all these years later Forest River still is gambling with their customer's lives. I just pray the LP line doesn't split from all of the movement and we end up reading about a fire with casualties all for a couple bucks. My water heater has stayed where I secured it. We just traveled up I-95 and with all of the patches and bad transitions from roadway to bridges we encountered, it was nice to have everything still where it started out before we left. Wishing you all safe and trouble-free travels, Charlie

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, tank, water, water heater