Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #1

*****Water Leak***** new 2012 GeogeTown

Well have to say I'm very disappointed in my new Georgetown 2012 RV....

1. Just had a rain storm and the kitchen
Slide out is leaking water !!!! Anyone have any ideas what to do ?... It from inside the cabinets above the kitchen table to the floor!!!

2. When I drive down the road the floor from the engine compartment to the the bathroom ... Fills with air and raises approx 2-4 inches... What if I drive in the rain?... Won't water get under there also?....

Think I should call Forestriver?... My dealer seems to think the air under the floor is normal...

Thanks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1091236876.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	17075   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2197911505.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	17076   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-811599417.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	17077   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-921434682.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	17078  
deannelsonrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your problems.

Have you looked at the outside roof edge of the slide-out. They usually seal that edge with eternabond tape...is it there and does it look ok.

As far as the floor lifting while driving, that is not normal...sounds like the engine compartment isn't sealed properly.

Both these issues should be dealt with at your dealer. You can involve Forest River also if the dealership is dragging their feet.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #3

X2 Dealer should take care of it.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #4

Picking up a 2013 Georgetown xl next week, hope all goes well with no problems.
XL 378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL 378 View Post
Picking up a 2013 Georgetown xl next week, hope all goes well with no problems.
Congrats on your new upcoing Georgetown
I also have a XL 378TS and just love it. I'm sure you will have things that need to be listed and taken care of by your dealer.
Do a real long walk around and take pictures or video.
Make sure they document everything so they can get it taken care of.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #6

Thank you, I plan on having them show me everything. Trading my fifth wheel in. When we bought that it took them 15 minutes to show us, this time plan on 2 hours or more. This is a different dealer. Driving from Pa to Fl to get it, we are going to go full time starting in Sept.
XL 378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannelsonrn View Post

1. Just had a rain storm and the kitchen
Slide out is leaking water !!!! Anyone have any ideas what to do ?... It from inside the cabinets above the kitchen table to the floor!!!
Ours did the same thing, in the same spot. The slideout (so) has an awning or "slide topper" that extends and retracts with the so. There are two brackets attached to the so exterior wall. Little hard to get the caulk gun in there, but the tops of both brackets needs some good self-leveling caulk applied. I detached the topper from each bracket, one end at a time, so I could do a good job of sealing. BE CAREFUL! The topper is spring loaded and under tension at all times. I also dabbed a little on each screw head holding these brackets on. No more leaks for me..!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #8

I would call John Armstrong at FR, also no the floor rising any amount is not, repeat not normal. I would look for a different dealer to fix it. I can tell you from personal experience the John Armstrong will step up to the plate. All RV's have problems, I personally had my share and besides my Georgetown I have two Montana 5th wheels and a pull camper. I love my Georgetown and while you find more expensive Motor Homes I don't think you'll find a better one.
tetsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannelsonrn View Post

2. When I drive down the road the floor from the engine compartment to the the bathroom ... Fills with air and raises approx 2-4 inches... What if I drive in the rain?... Won't water get under there also?....

Thanks...
Hope you are not gonna be a "one and done" poster..! Need to let us know more about your problems and the fix as well.
Concerning the floor raising. Is it the carpet only raising or the linoleum or the subflooring as well (not likely, but possible).?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #10

I think the carpet raising is definitely a problem. Our 2007 georgetown just developed a leak exactly like in your photos. I did like jd-ford and unhooked the topper and caulked along the outer seam of the slide out. problem solved. I would expect the dealer to take care of this on a 2012.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #11

I had the same problem with my 2011 327. When the dealer fixed it, he discovered that when the slideout was assembled; they forgot to remove the protective plastic wrap from the top panel before assembly. After everything was sealed up, they removed the plastic which meant that the sealer between the roof and side of the slideout was sitting on top of the plastic and not attached to the roof panel. Water had no trouble running under the plastic and came pouring in over the dining table.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote