Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2017, 04:35 PM   #1

Water leaks

2017 Georgetown GL5 water leaking in passenger window and on top of the main slide even with an awning over it. It appears the only way to fix the passenger side is removing the window and starting from scratch, not sure about the main slide. Vehicle is still in warranty and not sure the dealer has the know how to fix. There is Service bulletin that Pertains to the slide and hopefully that addresses that leak. Any other owners experiencing any of these issues?
coffeegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:54 AM   #2

I have had several small leaks around windows and marker lights on several rv's over the years. Silicone is messy,does not always fix the leak, and sometimes does not look good, but someone in this forum suggest a liquid silicone sealer. It works great and is easy to clean up. It comes in a small tube and goes on like water, seeping into even very small leaks. It can be purchased at an auto parts store. U might want to be sure if u fix it yourself that it does not void the warranty.
As for the slide leak, make sure the rubber seal is sliding over the walls of the slide and not folding up. I have had to put silicone on my slide walls so the rubber will slide. I have even seen owners glue small strips of plastic on the walls to force the rubber seals to lay flat when the slide is extended rather than bunch up.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:33 PM   #3

Thanks I will check out. I hope I can get the dealer to fix while it’s still in warranty
coffeegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #4

Forest River issued Technical Service Bulletin 68-0488 pertaining to this same issue. You should contact your dealer for an inspection and repair/retrofit.
JosephC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:45 AM   #5

w

Coffeegrinder,
RE: the water leak on the slide, where did the water travel? Did it stay on top of the slide, go inside the cabinet or what? We just developed a water leak on our main slide. There was a stream of water coming from beneath the slide running toward the drivers seat. Luckily, the leak began yesterday as we were travelling in the rain to the dealer to get other things fixed, so they added that to the list.
We also have a leak on the passenger side of the window that was supposed to be fixed a few weeks ago when it was in the shop, but they couldn't find any leak. When we left it yesterday, we showed them that they have to remove the clips that we had placed on the window to stop the leak. As long as the clips were there, the window would not leak. Maybe they can find it this time. They had previously fixed a similar leak on the drivers side window.
Grandma99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak