Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #1

Water Pump- winterize Georgetown 2012- 350

We are attempting to winterize but cannot locate the water pump or the location to winterize...talked with the dealer and they are no help...
dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #2

We have 2011 350 and our water pump is hidden behind a black plastic panel located in one of the back (3rd from the back I think) compartments on the passenger side of the motorhome. The panel has two of the 5" diameter removable covers installed into it. I removed this panel and leave it at home as I can't for life of me think what purpose it serves other than to possibly insulated the area during the cooler months. I use the compartment now to store all my hoses and some cleaning supplies.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #3

2011 300s has the pump located in the same place. The black panel is like a thermal keep warm barrier for freeze protection. Looks like there is a heater vent into that area also. The space along side of the water tank is great for fishing rods
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #4

Where are the by pass valves for the water heater when winterizing...in the same compartment? or are they located somewhere different?
I noticed some valves in the compartment ...but don't know if those are the water heater shut off valves
dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #5

There is an access port under the hot water tank. Reach up inside after removing the cover.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 PM   #6

The valves in the water pump compartment are not the bypass valves but, if they are the same as mine, are for winterizing. They would both be on the inlet side of the water pump, one valve going to the water tank (on for normal operation, off for winterizing), the other to a length of hose that can be used to suck out the antifreeze directly from the bottle. The location of the water heater bypass valves is different for different models, but they are likely where MikeA said for the 350.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:49 AM   #7

My new 360 is exactly the same. Dont forget to take out the water filter(i threw mine away the first day and filled the jar with golf balls) and dont forget to run antifreeze through the shower....indoor and outdoor...
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #8
ME

Also the relief valves for the city water inlet and fresh water fill! Just remove the screens and with the pump OFF push the button inside until pink.