Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
ggm

water tank

hiya,
silly question, but does anyone know how to drain thr water tank on a georgetown 306s
ggm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Site Team

I'm sure someone will come along with specifics soon but the drain will be very near the tank usually protruding thru the bottom of the coach. It'll have a valve that'll most likely be in a compartment.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #3

Not a silly question because they drain differently from model to model. Mine has a valve right on the tank itself to drain. My tank is under the bed so it is easy to get to. On another trailer I had, I had to crawl up under the trailer to open the drain valve. Either way, it will be somewhere near the tank itself.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

It should be in the propane compartment area. It has a valve and a grey screw in plug on the end. Unscrew the plug and open the valve. The Low Point drain for the lines should be there as well. It just has a cap on it. Remove the cap and open a faucet. Even if you choose to use anti-freeze you need to let this line drain totally since water will be in a column from the cap to the lines.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
ggm

guys, thanks for the update, I will now check and confirm.
once again thanks for the help.

Graham
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #6

My 350 actually has a sticker on the basement door where the low point drain is located. My water tank and low point drain is behind the passenger rear wheel, no where near the propane tank which is behind the driver's front wheel .

Look for lines hanging down from one of the basement compartments. Each model is likely different.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

See, you learn all kinds of neat stuff here. I assumed, oh no used that word, that all the propane tanks were in the same general location on all the Georgetowns and the water tank drain would be in the same place as mine.

Revision: If you own a Georgetown 370XL the fresh water tank drain as well as the water line low point drain are in the same compartment as the propane tank. Second compartment to the left of the entrance door. Otherwise, it could be somewhere else.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
Canadian Georgetown 369XL

This is very interesting that these georgetowns models are so different

what is more interesting is that other 350 series motorhomes vary

I own a 2009 350dsse and my low point drain is in my propane compartment not like the other 350 posted

Very Interesting
Schwing2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #9

Schwing, Do you have the single piece windshield like mine? There are some 2009s out there that are the older body style and split windscreen. There might have been some functional changes with the later 2009s which have a different body style.

/edit Just noticed you had a "350DS SE". That is the older 2008 SE body style with dual slides. The newer 2009 body style 350TS only has 3 slides and many of the XL features like full basement doors so I'm not surprised they are different. They no longer have SE and XL lines in the Georgetown series.

2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
Canadian Georgetown 369XL

yes mine was on of the first 2009 out with the split windshield

Because yours is the newer body style, that must be why the change in location for the drain
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pics 001.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1927  
Schwing2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #11
RV Newbie

I feel stupid asking this question but here it goes. I have a 2010 379TS and I cannot find my lowpoint drain for the fresh water tank. I do know that I have had NO problem with water siphoning out of my tank while on the road so maybe FR has addressed this long-standing problem. I checked the propane tank compartment but NO luck. It is amazing how much stuff is NOT in the manual they give with the unit. This is our first RV so we are really wandering around in the dark. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
AllenCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Usually there is a sticker on the outside of the coach in the area where the drain is. If not look under the coach for any plumbing line with a valve on it. I'm not familiar with the 379. You could email Mike Burns at FR if you can't find it.

mburns@forestriverinc.com

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 11-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #13
RV Newbie

OK... I found the lowpoint drain! But when I removed the cap and opened the valve, some water came out but not much. All of my faucets in the coach were open but the panel is still showing fresh water at 2/3 full. Am I missing something here?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenCrabtree View Post
OK... I found the lowpoint drain! But when I removed the cap and opened the valve, some water came out but not much. All of my faucets in the coach were open but the panel is still showing fresh water at 2/3 full. Am I missing something here?
On ours there are two drains in the same place. One is for the plumbing the other to drain the water tank. Look for another drain somewhere nearby.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

My fresh water tank has a drain with a valve and a grey screw in plug below the valve. If yours is the same just unscrew the plug and open the valve. I drained mine yesterday and left the valve open. I went out to get gas and had a trail behind me from the water that didn't drain while parked at home.
The valve is, in my case, next to the low point drain as well as the fresh water tank vent. These are all contained in the propane tank compartment.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 11-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #16
RV Newbie

There are 3 lines all bunched together. One is larger and has a screen taped to it that I assume is the vent line. The other two are smaller with one just having a cap and the other has a valve and a grey cap. I assumed the one with the valve was the drain but as I mentioned only a small quantity of water came out. I removed the cap from the other line and found the drain! I don't know what the other line is that has the valve on it. Apparently it is the line downstream from the pump and I simply de-pressurized the system when I opened the valve. That is just a guess. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #17
CLASS "A" Senior Member

My info was bass-ackwards. The valved line is the low point drain from the water from the pump and the one with the cap is from the water tank. Check the screen to be sure it is not blocked as well. Mine had a bunch of junk in there.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 12-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #18
ggm

i just check and try to drain down and no drain taps anywhere, had to blow the line out with air, had to run pump to clear tank, Could not find and drain values anywere.
Mike at Forest river advised that it drains via the water heather, but the drain value on the water heater ish rusty as hell?

GRaham