Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #1

Waterless cleaner

I live in a park that doesn't allow people to clean their RV onsite with a lot of water. They do however have an RV bay to clean your RV. It is a hassle though to undo the rig and move everything in order to make that happen.

I just saw someone cleaning their exterior with a waterless cleaner. They said you could clean it even if very dirty but it seems like you would get scratches if you did that. Has anyone used a product like that? He was using something like Sure Seal but I also found other products on Amazon and AutoGeek. Some look pretty good.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #2

I tried one of these waterless cleaners. Not satisfactory and ended up tossing it.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I like Protect All Wash and use it on the cars all the time. To do the whole coach all at one time would take a long time but I'm sure it would work fine. If I have been through a construction site that has left behind a lot of grit I would want to rinse it off with water first.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Chuck P.

Waterless Wash

Try "The Solution". I picked it up from a vendor at a FMCA Rally. It is supposed to be a cleaner, wax and UV protectant. I use it between washes when the MH isn't too dirty. Also use on cars. It will make your MH shine, and feel slippery like a good wax or polish. You can find it online also.
Keep a lot of micro towels handy.
Chuck P.
chasphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #5

Thanks Chuck. The Solution is what I saw my neighbor using. I looked for it at first online but couldn't find it. I have found it now though. I did see numerous other ones online like "Eco Touch", "Detailer's", Griot's, Black Fire, and something from washwash.com. Has anyone else tried these other products????
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #6

Do you remember what it was called?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50 View Post
Thanks Chuck. The Solution is what I saw my neighbor using. I looked for it at first online but couldn't find it. I have found it now though. I did see numerous other ones online like "Eco Touch", "Detailer's", Griot's, Black Fire, and something from washwash.com. Has anyone else tried these other products????
What I meant to say was there's another product on Aircraft RV Boat Cleaner Waterless Wash Wax Detailing Products Supplies. Has anyone used this???
Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
This is the one I use.
Protect All - Home Page
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #9

I use Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax. works great on dirt, tar, bugs... and shines like crazy. I didn't think it would look clean without washing, but it looks fantastic. I use it on my boat, so when I brought my 2006 Sandpiper home in the rain I gave it a cleaning with this stuff.
Yellofury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
ME

I use Griots as the kit has worked well getting the black streaks out! I use it only between washes or spot cleaning. Not sure I would have enough micro fibers towels to do RV
Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #11

I use Griot's speed shine on all the vehicles, and I like it a lot. Wife likes to use it on her little car once in a while. Car washes are closed during our long winters.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #12

Just thought I'd post again on here and let everyone know that I bought the WaterWax product online. I ended up getting their Mop Kit and really like it so far. The product is good and the Mop makes it easy. The biggest trick is not doing it on a hot day. I worked on one side when it was hot but the other side was just too hot to make it work well. Lesson Learned.