Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #1

We are getting close

Our Coach is now on the trip from Indy to Coeur D' Alene Idaho.. We have been told it should be here in 7 days.. The two and a half month ordeal is almost over.. I will be happy once it is in our driveway.. Our 364 will have the new Firemist paint job on it.. We wanted the lighter colors on the top due to the warm weather we always find ourselves in..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	364.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	92581  
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #2

I am sure that you must be totally excited. Will you be able to take a trip in it this year or will you have to wait until 2016?
Old 10-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #3

If the weather holds like it has been we plan to do a couple trips.. One with full hook ups and a boon docking trip so we can try everything.. We had planned the first trip for the 1st of November but that wont happen now.. It will take us a week to organize so hopefully if I work hard we can be on the road by the 5th..

One of the first things I will ask is were are the valves to winterize and drain the water system because here in Montana the weather can change in 5 minutes.. We have had 30 degree temp changes in 45 minutes in the past..

Yes we are anxious.. It is all running a week and a half late from when it was promised.. One of the reasons was due to the shift cable having to be swapped out.. It was to short and was only letting the new 6 speeds shift into 5th and not 6th gear..

We will post pictures when it gets here..
Old 10-26-2015, 11:47 PM   #4

The unit made it to the dealer.. We plan to pick it up Monday once we get the issues worked out
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8270.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	92970   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8269.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	92971  
Old 10-26-2015, 11:51 PM   #5

Forest River in there ultimate wisdom decided to discontinue the cinnamon interior package.. Rather then tell us or the dealer and let us chose from what they now offer they just did what they wanted.. Big surprise and huge disappointment.. Especially after a two and a half month wait..
Old 10-27-2015, 12:07 AM   #6

This is the new plain Jane material they are now using for the interior.. Total shock when the dealer sent pictures of our unit arriving today
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	92974  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
RJJ

Bummer on the interior change, I know you're disappointed. I hope the rest of the coach exceeds your expectations. Exterior looks very nice.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #8

Have they given you anything extra for the disappointment in interior color (i.e. extra cash or perhaps even finding a substitute if that is possible)?
Old 10-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #9

Forest River has offered a Leather seat swap or a complete coach Scotch Guard treatment since we have grandchildren.. I can just imagine a juice pouch getting spilled on that stuff

Like we told Mike why did they not call us or the dealer and say the stuff we wanted was no longer available
Old 10-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #10

I recommend taking the leather cushion option over the ScotchGuard treatment. They won't stand behind the ScotchGuard anyway.

Beautiful rig. Enjoy.
gator2723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #11

It is a shame because something this small (by small I mean a simple phone call or email to you) would have made the event of getting the new motorhome a wonderful occasion.

When we went to look at our motorhome, I drove 3 1/2 hours away because they had the 364 and a Thor with bunks that I wanted to compare. Of course, when we brought the trade a week later for the swap, they did not like the condition that I had stated and wanted us to come up with another $3,000 to make the deal.

Everything except for that nickel and diming at the end was wonderful. But it is that one event that I will remember in the future!
Old 10-27-2015, 02:36 PM   #12

Nice coach. I would have been pissed about the interior. Did they have any other options for the interior?
Roger2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:51 PM   #13

WOW...thats crazy. No way I would buy something that was changed so radically. The Firemist paint scheme (which i feel is the best exterior paint combo) does not match the GREY interior color....at least from the single photo that you posted.

I would simply refuse the unit. It's not what you ordered.

Just my rookie $ 0.02
2008 American Eagle 45H (Sold)
skyking650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:02 PM   #14

We chose the Firemist since we don't like being super hot and with the lighter color on top it would help with heat.. If we spent a lot of time in Alaska then we would of gone for a black roof.. As for the interior we would of loved to have the option to chose what they were offering but now that we know we probably would of chosen this color cause the others are worse.. A deep chocolate brown they call espresso and some other hideous color.. So if you order one from the factory make sure you look at the NEW interior options cause Forest River has not updated their web site!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And with animals we dont want any more leather than the couch and front seats..

Anyway we are getting the treatment to avoid stains with a 5 year warrantee from FR..Also I guess they are having trouble getting more chassis's from Ford with the 6 speed.. At least ours has that and a nice paint job.. So we still are scheduled for our walk thru at 3pm on Monday.. We have to work around our Handicapped sons schedule..

We will make a list and take back for repairs if needed.. I like to do a lot myself.. We plan to boondock that next weekend and then go for a full hook up weekend to try everything else
Old 10-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #15

Good luck on your walk-through. Since you do like this color the best, it seems like everything is working out ok.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns-Camden View Post
It is a shame because something this small (by small I mean a simple phone call or email to you) would have made the event of getting the new motorhome a wonderful occasion.

When we went to look at our motorhome, I drove 3 1/2 hours away because they had the 364 and a Thor with bunks that I wanted to compare. Of course, when we brought the trade a week later for the swap, they did not like the condition that I had stated and wanted us to come up with another $3,000 to make the deal.

Everything except for that nickel and diming at the end was wonderful. But it is that one event that I will remember in the future!
I have to ask what did you do when they wanted another $3000 to make the deal?? We will be turning in our MH right before walk thru for trade.. They have already given us a quote but have not seen it yet.. I think ours is worth more than they are giving us.. I am still paying for the new tires
Old 10-28-2015, 10:17 AM   #17

Hi Nut,

Thanks for the reply. Pictures of the full interior would be nice to see.

Regarding your roof, ALL of the roof tops are WHITE. Even the coaches with black paint near the top have a paint line terminating the black and the entire roof surface is white color.

On the roof, please look very closely during your PDI at the roof edges. It seems as if several GT XL's have wrinkling roof cap edges. The roof material is very plyable, sort of like a tarp. Mine has the wrinkles and FR is going to fix it under warranty. I have the complete repair procedure if anyone is interested. You really need to get up on the roof to see the issue clearly but if you look closely you may be able to see these wrinkles from the ground if they are pronounced enough.

Other then that, mine has been absolutely wonderful. No issues that cant be fixed, tightened, or adjusted by you at home if you are even slightly mechanically inclined.

If this coach had a DP driveline with 450HP, it would be the perfect motorhome.....lol.

Good luck....keep us posted and please put up some interior photos....
Old 10-28-2015, 10:28 AM   #18

The extra $3,000 did not go very well. They waited for that until after we had done the PDI and were almost ready to leave with our new purchase. In fact, our sales person refused to talk to us from that point on and even explain the situation and we were stuck with a Sales Manager while the sales person hid at his desk.

I told the Sales Manager that I was not thrilled with the constant negotiating and that the condition that I had explained during the trade in questions was accurate and that I would have to consider backing out of the deal and going to another dealer in Virginia that had the 364 advertised for even less. After walking out of the sales office with my wife and talking outside, we disagreed. She wanted to pay the money to them. I told her we should not pay anything but that another $1,000 offer to them might be fair in the grand scheme of things.

They agreed with my counteroffer. We ended up paying the additional $1,000 and getting our new motorhome.

I was not thrilled with the whole thing but the extra money paid out of my pocket was well worth not having to go through the entire process of finding the 364 elsewhere and working through the whole process again.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:41 AM   #19

I would have cancelled that sale. Every time you step into that unit it will dredge up the bad experience. There is no excuse for not informing the customer of changes in your purchase. Asking for another $3000 just added another insult.
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #20

My thoughts exactly.......I couldn't buy it from that dealership after that debacle.

Anything that would go wrong with the coach in the future and doing business with the dealer would be amplified exponentially with each issue that presented itself going forward.

Reminds me of this old but true JOKE.........

A young man was driving on a back road and got a flat tire. He could see a glimmer of light from a farm house up the road. so as he started toward it, he got to thinking to himself - suppose the farmer is not home - suppose he will not answer the door - suppose if i ask him for a jack to change my tire he will not let me borrow it? Do you suppose he would not trust me with it ? - Well he thought to himself if he feels that way I will just turn and leave - maybe there is another place around here - the more he thought about it the more upset he got - He got to the door, knocked. The farmer came and opened the door - the young man yelled at the farmer - O.K. YOU CAN JUST KEEP YOUR FARKING JACK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwoodjoe View Post
I would have cancelled that sale. Every time you step into that unit it will dredge up the bad experience. There is no excuse for not informing the customer of changes in your purchase. Asking for another $3000 just added another insult.