Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2015, 08:09 AM   #1

Weather or not?

Don't know "weather" or not I should brag but its gonna be sunny and over 80 here in Tampa today. Don't want to jinx myself. I do remember some folks in the SW bragging about their weather recently. They may have been shoveling snow recently. Not mentioning any names. But hope they brought their winter clothing with them. Oh ya, they are saying we may get down to 40 sometime next week. No snow or freezing rain though. Two cool nights, not too bad. Happy new year to all you freezing folks and hope it warms up soon.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #2

Ya we are here in upstate NY and temps are going down as of tomorrow BA HUMBUG. But for this post I am going to find a voodoo doll put your name on it. Well if you can't smile what is the sense of being here.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #3

I lived in Upstate NY for a couple years. It snowed 21 inches two days before my moving truck was due to arrive. Could not see my car in the driveway the next morning. Only one lane was open on the interstate when we headed south a few days later. I was soooo sad to leave!
Old 01-03-2015, 04:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
I lived in Upstate NY for a couple years. It snowed 21 inches two days before my moving truck was due to arrive. Could not see my car in the driveway the next morning. Only one lane was open on the interstate when we headed south a few days later. I was soooo sad to leave!
OH YA I bet

all busting aside sure wish we weren't here right now, had snow this afternoon changed to sleet now freezing rain @ 31* and then rain and 50* by morning then 23* by tomorrow night. I just might have to uncover the girl if this keeps up.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
OH YA I bet

all busting aside sure wish we weren't here right now, had snow this afternoon changed to sleet now freezing rain @ 31* and then rain and 50* by morning then 23* by tomorrow night. I just might have to uncover the girl if this keeps up.

I had to laugh out loud at these posts... I grew up in Cortland, NY and can't think of a crazier place for cold weather. I am happy that I ended up down south in the Norfolk area thanks to the Navy.
Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
Don't know "weather" or not I should brag but its gonna be sunny and over 80 here in Tampa today. Don't want to jinx myself. I do remember some folks in the SW bragging about their weather recently. They may have been shoveling snow recently. Not mentioning any names. But hope they brought their winter clothing with them. Oh ya, they are saying we may get down to 40 sometime next week. No snow or freezing rain though. Two cool nights, not too bad. Happy new year to all you freezing folks and hope it warms up soon.

It was so cold last night in Phoenix I had to wear a sweatshirt to stay warm.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #7

Pics or it didn't happen!! Both of the cold places and the warm places!!

2013 Georgetown XL 350
Bunkhouse
2002 F250 4X4 CC
2012 Jeep Liberty
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #8

I've seen both extremes. Lived in upstate NY (near Rochester) until I was ten. Then my dad moved us to Florida. Snowed the end of January 1977 in Tampa and we had snow cover the ground. It's the only time I have seen more than a few flurries here, and that's been twenty years ago. I went to Orlando today and it was 86 degrees. I'm ready for that 40 degree day!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #9

I prefer the 7% humidity in Phoenix over the 75%+ in Florida😃😃

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingGator View Post
I've seen both extremes. Lived in upstate NY (near Rochester) until I was ten. Then my dad moved us to Florida. Snowed the end of January 1977 in Tampa and we had snow cover the ground. It's the only time I have seen more than a few flurries here, and that's been twenty years ago. I went to Orlando today and it was 86 degrees. I'm ready for that 40 degree day!

I was here when it snowed. Woke up early AM hearing hooting and hollering outside. Local native Floridians were all out in their front yards rolling little snow men and throwing snowballs at each other. A lot of them had never seen snow before. There was only about an inch and it didn't last long. A lot of the bridges had glare ice and I saw many fender benders on my way to work. Locals didn't know how to stop by pumping their brakes and a lot of them slid thru stop lights.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:57 AM   #11

I'll post some pics tomorrow or I should say later today as things change, lots of ice last night on top of and inch of snow.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #12

Old 01-04-2015, 11:56 AM   #13

That was this mornings weather.

your local weather man
George
Old 01-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawk View Post
I had to laugh out loud at these posts... I grew up in Cortland, NY and can't think of a crazier place for cold weather. I am happy that I ended up down south in the Norfolk area thanks to the Navy.

Mohawk,

I grew up in Cortland NY. Left there in 1977 and went a bunch of different places until I retired from the Air Force. We are down in Tampa on MacDill AFB with all military retired folks around us. Just 80 today but do not have to shovel at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
markangie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #15

I lived in Elmira 1970/71. Worked for Sperry Rand there (Industrial Engineer) but they closed the plant. Later that year after I had moved south the Chemung River flooded the house I had been renting up into the second floor. Sperry had opened a plant in Taiwan that paid 70 cents an hour and closed us. 2000 of us went out the door. That was fairly early in what was to become the great "off shore" transfer of American manufacturing jobs. The blue collar and middle class have been screwed ever since. I was lucky enough to get a better job at a higher salary and an all expenses paid move to Florida. I was still in my late 20's. A lot of my older coworkers did not do very well. The very rich have seen their incomes soar while the average Joe has less real purchasing power than he had way back then. But corporations are making record profits while pension plans and health plans are cut or eliminated. Seems that none of the politicians represent us anymore.