Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2018, 06:26 AM   #1

Weld on slide

Hi all, this forum has been great although I’ve never had to post to it because the answer has always been there already. So I have a 2016 Georgetown 32 with the whole driver side slide. I took it in to the service shop to have a bump on slide corner evaluates and they said the weld had popped on the slide frame. They have been trying to contact Forest River for 3 weeks now and they can’t get an answer on if this is covered as a manufacturers defect. I was sold this unit based on quality but welds popping less than 2 years in is a little unnerving. Anyone have this experience as well? thanks in advance-Joe
Brewtal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #2

Try contacting FR directly from their website. They will want pictures.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtal32 View Post
Hi all, this forum has been great although I’ve never had to post to it because the answer has always been there already. So I have a 2016 Georgetown 32 with the whole driver side slide. I took it in to the service shop to have a bump on slide corner evaluates and they said the weld had popped on the slide frame. They have been trying to contact Forest River for 3 weeks now and they can’t get an answer on if this is covered as a manufacturers defect. I was sold this unit based on quality but welds popping less than 2 years in is a little unnerving. Anyone have this experience as well? thanks in advance-Joe
Wouldn’t surprise w with the lack of quality control and poor craftsmanship. Pumping these things off the assembly line like flinging playing cards onto the floor. I emailed FR and reemed em out.

If you want it done right, you’ll need to weld it yourself or find a location welder. Not seeing the issue, it’s probably a couple hundred dollar job from a welder
WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:14 PM   #4

And this is one reason I learned to weld
WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide