Old 09-28-2016, 08:21 PM   #11
Originally Posted by CamFam View Post
We just purchased a used TT with this converter. Our 12v lights and A/C will intermittently flash on and off. The fan seems to run constantly until I turn the lights off with the switch. We did check battery which as a couple dead cells. Battery definitely needs replaced but in order to eliminate causes we ran a jumper cable from the truck to the battery but the lights still flash on and off. A/C didn't seem to have a problem though. Any suggestions what might be causing the problem?
A bad battery will cause any converter to act up. Did you disconnect the bad battery from the system when you jumped to your truck?

If not, do that and see how the converter acts.

It is good to monitor the DC voltage in the RV system with a meter. Even a cheap Harbor Freight unit will do. Lets you see what is really going on.

2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:29 PM   #12
Another vote for Progressive Dynamics.

When the factory installed converter failed three years ago, I replaced it with a 90 amp Progressive Dynamics. The 70 amp model would have sufficed, but was unavailable at the time and I needed a quick replacement. It works great.

2010 Georgetown 373
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:54 AM   #13
Thanks for all the replies. I have ordered a progressive dynamics 70 amp convertor just like Iggy 's. I also installed two new AGMs and unplugged the existing convertor until the new one arrives. Will be heading back to Florida from Maine with all new.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:24 AM   #14
The link to the awning protector roller probably won't help you with your converter..

Someone had a rip in their awning and I asked them if they had a roller on their door.

Anyway, that link must have been stuck on my clipboard, and I didn't double check the link after I posted to this thread

ANYWAY - Here is the link to when I replaced my converter. Like I said. If I were doing this again, I would not remove the old converter, I'd just disconnect it, and install my new unit beside it on the floor. Here is the link I meant to post.

Upgrading converter to 4 stage | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

2001 Coachmen Mirada (Ford F53 6.8L V10) - Toad 2001 Civic
It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
waiter21 is online now   Reply With Quote