Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #1

What is it called???

That screw thing on the side of the coach that the water hose screws into?

We connected the fresh water yesterday to find that whatever that thing is has sort of pulled out and water leaks from the connection. A lot of water....

It's always seemed loose to me but I thought that was the way it was supposed to be since it turns to screw onto the hose.

Anyway... we need either to fix that one or get a new one and I have no idea what to Google for.

Any thoughts on fixing it would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

City water connection. Camping World calls it a water inlet:

Water Inlet - Product - Camping World

Several styles available
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
The fitting should have a hose

Check to make sure the fitting has a hose bibb installed (rubber or plastic washer).

There is a horseshoe washer on the inside that is suppose to hold the fitting in place. The fitting should not pull out, only turn.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #4

Love your description-sounds like the way I describe things. Drives DH nuts
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

JR Colonial White City Water Flange - City Water Hookup - Water Inlets - Fresh Water Connection - Plumbing

Is this the item you're having the problem with? Leaking from the front at the hose connection?
One of my hoses when connected to this type connection always leaked because the hose won't contact the rubber part of the washer due to the screen piece. The end of the hose [male side] isn't large enough for the screen to fit inside far enough down for the parts to mate. It might be the hose, I used a regular washer and it no longer leaked. I replaced the hose and the screen fits inside that one. Just something else to consider.
Leaking at the rear? The fitting screws into a piece behind the panel. Possibly it's loose? May need teflon tape to seal the threads? of the fitting might be split from being over-tightened?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #6

It is the water inlet/flange thingy that looks like this:

The white rubber thing pops out & you're supposed to attach the hose by screwing that white knobby thing but on ours, it's pulled out so that on one side the rubber thing & the sleeve that fits into the opening is loose. I think the rubber thing & the sleeve part is supposed to be shoved down inside the water pipe that leads to the system. The water leaks from behind the screen part.

Thanks for the replies! I can now ask for a name instead of "that screw thing on the side of the coach that the water hose screws into".

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
It is the water inlet/flange thingy that looks like this:

The white rubber thing pops out & you're supposed to attach the hose by screwing that white knobby thing but on ours, it's pulled out so that on one side the rubber thing & the sleeve that fits into the opening is loose. I think the rubber thing & the sleeve part is supposed to be shoved down inside the water pipe that leads to the system. The water leaks from behind the screen part.

Thanks for the replies! I can now ask for a name instead of "that screw thing on the side of the coach that the water hose screws into".
Sounds like the check valve inside is not seating. There should be a rubber o-ring inside that seats from the water pressure. I had one that came off and was still partially in place. I replaced the whole fitting and the leak problem was solved. I noticed mine when we stop during traveling to Myrtle Beach one year. My wife turned on the water pump and the water started shooting out of the city water connection. I pushed in the valve to see if it would seat but once that didn't work we picked up one at CW. Later I was able to get the o-ring back in place so I have a spare in case it happens again.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote