Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

What is it for?

In my GeorgeTown 351DS there is a carpeted spacer between the bed and the rear of the coach. You cannot walk around that side of the bed. I have not been able to determine what function it serves. It greatly impedes the DW in making the bed and getting into bed. The other side is no problem...wide open. Any ideas why this spacer is there?
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Navion IQ 24V

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
In my GeorgeTown 351DS there is a carpeted spacer between the bed and the rear of the coach. You cannot walk around that side of the bed. I have not been able to determine what function it serves. It greatly impedes the DW in making the bed and getting into bed. The other side is no problem...wide open. Any ideas why this spacer is there?
I have 2012 350 Bunk house model & have no spacer there. But I see on your model they have a storage compartment located there with access from the outside rear of the coach. I do not have this compartment. So I would venture to say thats what the spacer is for.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Without pictures it is hard for someone without your model camper to even hazard a guess.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I would bet it's covering the fill tube to the fuel tank. I had an electrical problem on my GT370TS and once I accessed the area where the problem was I found that the fill tube to the fuel tank is above the floor line and has a plastic cover over it. There is also the possibility the junction box for the AC units and power to the front of the coach is there as well. The wiring runs up the back cap and into the curve piece at the roof then to the AC units and the front cap for the TV etc.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #5

if i am understanding you ,i have the same ledge in my 280 i assume it is an infrastructure run for electric and/or covering a structural element
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote