Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #21

Fuel milage is our MH is just great..unfortunately its under 25 mpg, but "IT IS OVER 5 MPG".........some what..

Happy adventures,
Barney
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #22

good way to look at it

say hello to California
remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #23

MPG is irrelavent. Whether it is 5 or 10 .... the total price at the end of the year might be a few hundred bucks more.......but I will drive my big Class A and have fun. I work in the funeral industry and I don't see anyone taking cash with them to the great beyond...nor do I see gas cans in caskets for all the fuel they saved.. If we buy big Class A's..we must not worry about the gas. I just can't, and I mean can not miss out on the beauty of our continent and the happy hour at the end of the day with my wonderful bride...Gazuntheit.
polkatronron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkatronron View Post
MPG is irrelavent. Whether it is 5 or 10 .... the total price at the end of the year might be a few hundred bucks more.......but I will drive my big Class A and have fun. I work in the funeral industry and I don't see anyone taking cash with them to the great beyond...nor do I see gas cans in caskets for all the fuel they saved.. If we buy big Class A's..we must not worry about the gas. I just can't, and I mean can not miss out on the beauty of our continent and the happy hour at the end of the day with my wonderful bride...Gazuntheit.
Well said....I will whole heartedly agree "you only go around once..so make the most of it" ...I have done alot and seen alot but I still have alot to do and alot to see as this is one "beautiful country we live in".. So Cheers and salute to you at happy hour, as I am right there with you my friend..
Barney
barlin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Gas mileage...well in Canada we get about 10 miles to the gallon. Why??? because our gallon is a larger than the American Gallon. We acutually buy our fuel in litres so we talk about kilometers per litre. For an old duck like me who was not raised on the metric system, I like miles per gallon better. Whatever the cost, we need to push these big buggies down the road, otherwise, we would miss happy hour at the end of the day. LOL...
i understand your km per litre pain
of course when i was canadien we had a union jack
best i get is 7.25 toading a jeep
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #26
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:

Couldn't agree with you more!!!! I hear people talking about the price of fuel. Well anyone that thinks it will always stay below $3 a gallon are in for a rude awakening. It's already passed that. If it gets to $4 a gallon then it will cost me $75 more to fill up if I didn't have a drop in the tank. I filled up before putting it to bed for the winter and it was below $3 at that time so the next time it will be more. We did our homework about fuel cost before we made our purchase. We don't like the price but we didn't buy the coach to have it sit in the driveway until the price of gas comes down. If that's the case the thing will be there forever.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #27

Fuel costs are not an issue for sure. Friends of mine spend thousands of dollars to go on vacations once or twice a year, and each time for only a week or two. That amount of cash, spent on fuel will take me to Arizona and back more than once, and I can spend all winter there if I wish...that is a good deal. As for the cost of the rig, it is no different than owning a summer place or a winter home somewhere, granted, the mh will depreciate but hey....so am I depreciating and while I depreciate I am having one heck of a good time.
We have travelled Coast To Coast to Coast including Alaska and 40 of the states and don't intend to quit at this point even if fuel was $5 a gallon...we are paying $1.11 per litre right now which is about $ 4.60 a gallon. Spring is on the way and it is almost time to think about reving up the new Georgetown 360 we just purchased. Happy RV'ing.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #28
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Fuel costs are not an issue for sure. Friends of mine spend thousands of dollars to go on vacations once or twice a year, and each time for only a week or two. That amount of cash, spent on fuel will take me to Arizona and back more than once, and I can spend all winter there if I wish...that is a good deal. As for the cost of the rig, it is no different than owning a summer place or a winter home somewhere, granted, the mh will depreciate but hey....so am I depreciating and while I depreciate I am having one heck of a good time.
We have travelled Coast To Coast to Coast including Alaska and 40 of the states and don't intend to quit at this point even if fuel was $5 a gallon...we are paying $1.11 per litre right now which is about $ 4.60 a gallon. Spring is on the way and it is almost time to think about reving up the new Georgetown 360 we just purchased. Happy RV'ing.
Well said. congrats on the Georgetown 360. We just walked through one this past Saturday. The only thing I didn't like in the one we were in was the medicine cabinet we have in the back bath was gone. Just a mirror and no cabinet to the right of the sinks. Is the medicine cabinet an option now?
I am so ready for Spring but we got 6" of snow last night so we're still waiting.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #29
Site Team - Lou

Recent experience has shown that summer homes and timeshares depreciate too. I like being able to just "decide to go" and be on the road to someplace new.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #30

I couldn't agree more with both of you...The med cabinet is gone...no sure why and it is not an option. I guess they save a buck by not putting one in. WE are in the process of installing laundry and we took out the oven and that will become storage and that meant a different cook top as well. We also cut the bed platform down from a King to a Queen to give a bit more room in the bedroom..
I am not thrilled with the curtains in the bedroom..wish they would have used day/night shades so we may have to get some made and install them..Lots of snow here. I live in Saskatchewan and we have record snow falls this year and yesterday we had -35 with wind giving us -45 wind chill, so we won't be bringing the rv home just yet. LOL
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #31

We have been traveling from Arkansas to Arizona, and we have always averaged 13 pulling our Jeep (6 in town and 7 on Hwy = 13)
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #32

I love the way you do your math..thanks for the humor.