Old 05-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #21

We have the Coleman one too but it is the dark blue and has the two burners so you can cook on indirect heat.We cook roasts with heat on one side and the roast on the other.We have been very pleased with this and it can be used with the legs or on a picnic table.We purchased it at the Coleman store and have the grills as well as the griddles which work well for breakfast!

Old 05-05-2015, 12:20 AM   #22

We bought a Weber Q220 a few years ago because I like the idea of having a thermometer and side trays. But after buying a Kamado for the house, I really got into charcoal. So we bought a Weber smokey joe jumbo. And I just bought a Camp Chef from Costco. I love the idea and smell of making breakfast outside in the morning. My wife says I have a problem, and she might be right! Jerry

Jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry01 View Post
We bought a Weber Q220 a few years ago because I like the idea of having a thermometer and side trays. But after buying a Kamado for the house, I really got into charcoal. So we bought a Weber smokey joe jumbo. And I just bought a Camp Chef from Costco. I love the idea and smell of making breakfast outside in the morning. My wife says I have a problem, and she might be right! Jerry
Same thing happened to me! I bought a Big Green Egg a while back and never used my Weber gas grill again. The difference is SO overwhelming for grilling meat, I just can't bring myself to use gas for that any more.

So, for the motorhome, I bought a Weber Jumbo Joe. Not nearly as good as the BGE but it gets me in the neighborhood.

I'll have to check out the Camp Chef for extending the cooking outdoors.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:44 AM   #24

weber grill

Just bought the Weber Q2200, also the griddle to be used for eggs and bacon.

The cooking grates are cast iron and a bit heavy, so they store in tote bag for transportation.

A bit pricey but cooks great and we just love it. Just my 2cents.

Jim
Old 05-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Bob, I looked at a Traeger portable on my credit card points. Too small a cooking space so i declined the free grill. A large Tailgater is awesome but the 1/2 pickup has no more room!!
Yeah that Traeger is awesome...I MAY be tempted to throw down the Father's Day card for the Tailgater...6 Actual is getting what she wants for Mother's day--front row seats at Shen Yun [just google it, it's awesome!]

Now all I need to do is get a 8' bed to store it

Or....

Email this guy and see what a mount for a Traeger would set us back

Camper Grill, portable camper grill, bumper mount
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:20 AM   #26
Mod free 5er

Like our RVQ even tho' it is kinda chensy, it serves the purpose and hasn't caused any cleaning problems on the side of the trailer or the awning. I have a spare just in case this one shoots craps.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Bob, I looked at a Traeger portable on my credit card points. Too small a cooking space so i declined the free grill. A large Tailgater is awesome but the 1/2 pickup has no more room!!
I'll take that treager on your cc points!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "4 nights"
Old 05-05-2015, 11:03 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We're likely buying either a Weber Q2000-something or someone here mentioned another grill, the Pro-Iroda O-Grill. I'm not sure what the benefit of one vs. the other is-
I've had both so here is my take on the Weber Q vs the O-Grill:

Both have heavy cast iron grates, stainless steel burners for a long life and cook great.
The O-Grill's bottom/lid are made from lighter stamped steel, and the legs fold up against the bottom so you can carry it with one hand. The Weber Q has a heavier aluminum bottom/lid, the frame/legs are made from nylon and don't fold. I never used the folding tables on the Weber, IMO they are too flimsy and things easily slide off them.

The O-Grill's bottom section is smooth and teflon coated, which makes cleanup a bit easier. Both have grease tray's that slide out the bottom and the Weber has throw away foil liners available, but I just line the O-Grill's with a small square of foil prior to cooking.

The mid size Weber Q grill was a bit heavier than I really wanted, so I gave it to my SIL for their patio. I now carry the small O-Grill in my trucks tool box, and it's much easier to move around. It's also easy to convert to LP so I don't carry any propane now, just a hose to connect to the TT's propane.

Its easy to get Weber replacement parts direct from them, which I've ordered for my Genesis at home. I've not needed anything for my O-grill, so can't comment on their parts availability.
Both are great grills and I highly recommend either, but for camping I prefer the small size and light weight of the O-grill.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #29

We recently purchased a STOK (STŌK™ Gridiron Portable Gas Grill : Target) Haven't tried it yet - first trip is the end of the month - but looking forward to it!

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #30

We have the Margaritaville tailgate grill. We mount it either on the back of the RV (when not towing) or the back of the Jeep (when towing the Jeep.) Easy to use and can run off the small propane tanks or the larger ones.