Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

What's under there???????

I'm looking for some information from anyone with a Georgetown (model doesn't matter) which is no older than the 2010 model year. I'm picking that year as a starting point, because it was the start of the newer generation of motorhomes incorporating the one-piece windshield and therefore it may have been the start of a significant change within Forest River for A class models.

Has anyone ever removed the factory installed vinyl or carpet flooring found in the bulk of the floorplan of your choice. It may have been to change out for personal reasons, or repair.

My question is..........what was found underneath as a "sub-floor" material?

Was it wood, plywood, plastic, or other?
Was it one piece or composed of several sections, possibly as far forward as the driver area, and going as far as to even include the bedroom?
How was it fastened down? Screws? Glue? Both?

We're having reoccurring splits appear in our vinyl flooring which some are attributing to being caused by rollers from the slides. I have also noticed movement in the sub-floor along with a squeaking sound in some locations, some of which are no where near the rollers.

Anyone know for sure?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 PM   #2

My Georgetown had the vinyl flooring as a factory installed option in the main living area, as well as the standard kitchen and bath areas. I later removed the carpet in the bedroom and front driver and passenger seating area to replace with matching vinyl flooring from Forest River.

Underneath the carpet was foam pad, except on the slide-outs which had no padding. The sub-floor material is wafer board except for a small section of steel floor from Ford in front of the driver's seat near the gas and brake pedals. The Ford steel floor was about 1/2 inch lower than the Forrest River installed sub-floor and I used additional layers of glued vinyl flooring to build it up to the same level before installing the finished vinyl flooring.

The only visible fasteners were around the engine dog house trim and some large bolts that are part of the slide out. Because of the floor gap, I installed new carpet only in the slide out area.