Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #1

Where are the overflows?

Fellow Forest River Campers.
Boy did I ever just make a bone headed move today. While filling the fresh water holding tank on my 2005 Georgetown, I heard several loud banging noises. After what I thought should have been long enough to get the tank full, I just shut off the water. Never did I see any overflow. While walking through the unit, I noticed there was a bulging of the floor in the middle of the living room area. In horror, I went out and opened the storage area that has the low point drain, and noticed that the water tank was bulging full. I immediately drained water from the tank that was obviously overpressured, as soon as it looked somewhat normal, I stopped, and then went in to read the filling instructions, again. Nowhere is there any mention of where, if any, overflow should be visible. It just says when the tank is full, stop filling. What intelligence.

My prior unit had an overflow at the fill station, as well as below the unit. I never had any problem with my older motor home. My question for all of you, what did I do wrong? As if you didn’t know what my question was going to be. I seem to recall the first time I filled the tank that there was overflow in the area of the fill, but nothing occurred this time.

Any suggestions?

Rongrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

I don't have a Georgetown, but it sounds like your vent line is clogged.

It could be a bug got in there and built a nest.

Since its an older unit, it can't be anything with the vent hose bring kinked or blocked with construction debris.

I hope there is not serious damage to the floor structure.
It does not sound good though.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown