Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
awwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms
Posts: 704
Where do they go?

In my new Georgetown 351ds in the TV compartment, over the passenger seat, there are several hookups. One is a switch for cable, antenna, and satellite. These are obvious. Now the question. I have a wall mount box that has audio and video RCA jacks? Where do they go? I also have a box with a DC cigarrette plug and a standard "F" connector? Where do they go?

My "manual", if you can call it one, has no info on any of the TV hookup components.

Thanks
__________________

__________________
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
In my new Georgetown 351ds in the TV compartment, over the passenger seat, there are several hookups. One is a switch for cable, antenna, and satellite. These are obvious. Now the question. I have a wall mount box that has audio and video RCA jacks? Where do they go? I also have a box with a DC cigarrette plug and a standard "F" connector? Where do they go?

My "manual", if you can call it one, has no info on any of the TV hookup components. Didn't they give you a walk around to tell you alll about your rig? I hope so, you just spent a lot of money for it and you paid them to help you with all your questions, concerns and problems.

Thanks
1. The RCA jacks in the wall plate go to TV and is designed for hooking up a Playstation or other video/audio input.

2. The DC cigeratte plug is a 12 volt DC plug for maybe your cell phone DV to cell phone charger?

3. Oh the DC plug also has a little button on it for your TV antenna Amp. The light must be on to get strong local channels.

My question is why didn't you ask these questions to the person you bought you motorhome from?

Good luck
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
awwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms
Posts: 704
Iggy, thanks for info. I did ask and I did not get a satisfactory answer. They were not the sharpest tools in the drawer. The more disturbing fact is that FV did not have a clue either. It just perturbs me that I can get no info other than appliance manuals from them. Surely they have to have some type of drawings to put these coaches together.

Just for curiosity, I went over to the Winnebago site and they have drawings on all their models...first class.

I wish FV would pay attention to these forums and see where some vital things are missing with their documentation.
__________________
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Iggy, thanks for info. I did ask and I did not get a satisfactory answer. They were not the sharpest tools in the drawer. The more disturbing fact is that FV did not have a clue either. It just perturbs me that I can get no info other than appliance manuals from them. Surely they have to have some type of drawings to put these coaches together.

Just for curiosity, I went over to the Winnebago site and they have drawings on all their models...first class.

I wish FV would pay attention to these forums and see where some vital things are missing with their documentation.

That is why we are here. If you have any questions ask. We also have many documents that many of us have gathered and willing to share.
Here is one that is specific to your Ford Chassis. I believe you are on a 228" wheelbase Ford chassis.

Did you get all the Ford owners manuals?
Let me know and I can direct you to them online.
John
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2012_FORD_F53_Specs.pdf (279.7 KB, 13 views)
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
 
Dave_Monica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
1. The RCA jacks in the wall plate go to TV and is designed for hooking up a Playstation or other video/audio input.
I've also used this input to hook up the digital camera to review photos on the flat screen. On my cover plate, there's a 3 position switch that's labelled by the 3 sets of inputs.

Dave
__________________


Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.