Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Where do they go?

In my new Georgetown 351ds in the TV compartment, over the passenger seat, there are several hookups. One is a switch for cable, antenna, and satellite. These are obvious. Now the question. I have a wall mount box that has audio and video RCA jacks? Where do they go? I also have a box with a DC cigarrette plug and a standard "F" connector? Where do they go?

My "manual", if you can call it one, has no info on any of the TV hookup components.

Thanks
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
In my new Georgetown 351ds in the TV compartment, over the passenger seat, there are several hookups. One is a switch for cable, antenna, and satellite. These are obvious. Now the question. I have a wall mount box that has audio and video RCA jacks? Where do they go? I also have a box with a DC cigarrette plug and a standard "F" connector? Where do they go?

My "manual", if you can call it one, has no info on any of the TV hookup components. Didn't they give you a walk around to tell you alll about your rig? I hope so, you just spent a lot of money for it and you paid them to help you with all your questions, concerns and problems.

Thanks
1. The RCA jacks in the wall plate go to TV and is designed for hooking up a Playstation or other video/audio input.

2. The DC cigeratte plug is a 12 volt DC plug for maybe your cell phone DV to cell phone charger?

3. Oh the DC plug also has a little button on it for your TV antenna Amp. The light must be on to get strong local channels.

My question is why didn't you ask these questions to the person you bought you motorhome from?

Good luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Iggy, thanks for info. I did ask and I did not get a satisfactory answer. They were not the sharpest tools in the drawer. The more disturbing fact is that FV did not have a clue either. It just perturbs me that I can get no info other than appliance manuals from them. Surely they have to have some type of drawings to put these coaches together.

Just for curiosity, I went over to the Winnebago site and they have drawings on all their models...first class.

I wish FV would pay attention to these forums and see where some vital things are missing with their documentation.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
Iggy, thanks for info. I did ask and I did not get a satisfactory answer. They were not the sharpest tools in the drawer. The more disturbing fact is that FV did not have a clue either. It just perturbs me that I can get no info other than appliance manuals from them. Surely they have to have some type of drawings to put these coaches together.

Just for curiosity, I went over to the Winnebago site and they have drawings on all their models...first class.

I wish FV would pay attention to these forums and see where some vital things are missing with their documentation.

That is why we are here. If you have any questions ask. We also have many documents that many of us have gathered and willing to share.
Here is one that is specific to your Ford Chassis. I believe you are on a 228" wheelbase Ford chassis.

Did you get all the Ford owners manuals?
Let me know and I can direct you to them online.
John
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2012_FORD_F53_Specs.pdf (279.7 KB, 35 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
1. The RCA jacks in the wall plate go to TV and is designed for hooking up a Playstation or other video/audio input.
I've also used this input to hook up the digital camera to review photos on the flat screen. On my cover plate, there's a 3 position switch that's labelled by the 3 sets of inputs.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote