Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #1

Where in the heck is the water pump?

OK guys, I have another bonehead question. Where is the water pump in a 2011 geaorgetown 341? I've narrowed it down to somewhere in the left rear of the coach. i have searched high and low but it still eludes me. I can hear it and feel the vibration from it but cant see it. It works fine and i only wanted to find it because it is kind of noisy and I was thinking of rubber mounting it to damper the vibrations. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #2

I have a 320 and Your kitchen/fridge location is similar to mine. In the 320 its hidden behind some plastic right up against the water tank (to improve its acoustic signature no doubt ) to the left of my water filter.
SoMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
Anacortesians

We have an '02 325. I also had your problem - could hear the pump (half a block away!) but couldn't find it.

In our rig, the foot of the bed blocks off what I thought was a "dummy" double cupboard when the slide is in. It's below and set back a few inches from the main wardrobe/drawers unit in the bedroom and the electrical power system controller is next to it. That's the LH rear corner of my rig.

I was tracking down the TV cable wiring, which appeared to go inside the compartment where the power controller was, so I did some more careful checking with the bedroom slide deployed. It turned out that the "Dummy" cupboards were real ones, but the doors had been "permanently" closed with a big woodscrew in the top corner of each.

I removed the screws, opened the cupboards and there sat the potable water tank, the pump and a tank drain valve! I also traced the coax cable for the TV and replaced it! I can now drain the potable tank without having to run the water through the faucest and into the gray water tank!

Your rig might not be exactly the same as mine, since it's longer and newer, but the noise is coming from the same area as mine did.