Old 09-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #1

Where is rear thermostat?

My Georgetown only came with one AC unit on the roof. I'm trying to add a second one. It's pre-wired for it but I can't figure out where the thermostat wire goes.

I've left April Conner a voice mail, maybe she'll know. I e-mailed somebody at forest river about this a few months ago too and never heard back.

Can anyone with a Georgetown Bunkhouse tell me where the rear thermostat is on your coach?

Old 09-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsutherl View Post
My Georgetown only came with one AC unit on the roof. I'm trying to add a second one. It's pre-wired for it but I can't figure out where the thermostat wire goes.

I've left April Conner a voice mail, maybe she'll know. I e-mailed somebody at forest river about this a few months ago too and never heard back.

Can anyone with a Georgetown Bunkhouse tell me where the rear thermostat is on your coach?
Is the rear pre-wired for A/C unit or for A/C and thermostat?

If the rear A/C unit is pre-wired for a thermostat, your main thermostat will most likely control both units.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #3

Nevermind, I found it. I started watching sales videos on youtube of the same year and model Georgetown that I have. Sure enough I found one with a picture of the bedroom and you could see where the thermostat was. It was on the closet wall so I drilled a hole inside the closet and there was the wire. Yay!

This is the video I found it on. Picture below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermostat1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	19611  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Is the rear pre-wired for A/C unit or for A/C and thermostat?

If the rear A/C unit is pre-wired for a thermostat, your main thermostat will most likely control both units.
In most motorhomes that have 2 A/C units they have seperate thermostats.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
In most motorhomes that have 2 A/C units they have seperate thermostats.
Dometic does have a multi-zone system that you can use with a comfort control center II thermostat. But it's quite a bit more money to go this way. And really I prefer to manage the two manually.

For instance right now I've got the TV on but it's hard to hear because the AC is running. It's fairly cool outside now so one AC unit can take care of it. So in a situation like this I might run only the back unit and not the front.

Not too much worry about running both and making it too cold and causing an icing problem. The Dometic Brisk Air's have icing sensors on the air intake fins. That should shut down the compressor in the event that you accidentally left both units blasting and left or something. But so long as you always set the thermostat to a reasonable temperature that should never matter anyway.

Like I tell my daughter, it doesn't get cool any faster when you shove the thermostat down to 50 degrees.

http://www.rvpartwholesaler.com/serv...Control/Detail
Old 09-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #6

All done and and I celebrated by cooking pasta for lunch while it was 90 degrees outside. And I could open some of the window shades and still keep it reasonably cool inside now. Two 15,000BTU AC units on board now.

If you ever need RV work done while you're in the Anaheim California area I highly recomend South Coast R.V. Repair (714-531-6600). Bret Loudenback is a one man business. Except when his wife helps out. Really nice guy. Grew up at his parent's RV dealership, ran their repair department. When they sold the dealership he went into the mobile repair business for himself and he's doing well at it. No wonder since he's really friendly, follows up really good, returned all my calls and knew what he was doing.

$1204 (after tax) to have a second 15,000BTU AC unit (the exact one I wanted to match the one already up there) installed in my georgetown right in my space at the RV park. Seemed pretty fair to me since Camping world was talking $1400 before tax and they needed two weeks before they could squeeze me in.