Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #21

prior private owner does not remember. Own RV for short time.
dwalk44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk44 View Post
prior private owner does not remember. Own RV for short time.
About the owners manual-- do you have one? There's a lot of good info in there.
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:47 PM   #23

Yes, we have owner's manual put it doesnot say much about this subject. I'll look again..
Old 07-26-2017, 04:50 PM   #24

Look for winterizing and dewinterizing
On page 49 of the genetic manual you'll find a view of the bypass valves
Basically, all three valves should be horizontal.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #25

Is your water heater both electric and lp? You need to make sure the tank is full before turning on the electric heater. Very important!!!
If it's only lp gas not so pimportant
Old 07-26-2017, 05:16 PM   #26

Have you found the pump compartment yet? It's a long/narrow compartment on the right side and pretty far back. It may have a black cover over it which I had removed as soon as I found it! Those two little holes are extremely difficult to work with!
Old 07-26-2017, 05:52 PM   #27

Thank you - all!

What we learned today: 1) be patient 2) don't be afraid to ask 3) resolution: flush lines to remove pink substance, open valves located under/behind heater, turn on pump to get fresh water to heater; open sink(s)/shower tap lines to release air.
Took us all day, but it was worth the experience.

final question: Can you run water constantly as needed (pump and heater in "on" position) while driving?
Old 07-26-2017, 05:55 PM   #28

Well, not constantly. Just when you use a faucet shower toilet etc. Anything that uses water. The pump will turn on automatically if the switch is on at the panel.
And off when you close the faucet.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #29

so... we flipped the switch for water heater on the control panel while running the generator. we checked the heater for water (opened valve) and also saw water that had escaped from overflow. I assume we ran off LP since we didn't have electrical line connected to home. Are we ok regarding "important" concern about making sure tank is full?

Again - thanks for you help
Old 07-26-2017, 06:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk44 View Post
so... we flipped the switch for water heater on the control panel while running the generator. we checked the heater for water (opened valve) and also saw water that had escaped from overflow. I assume we ran off LP since we didn't have electrical line connected to home. Are we ok regarding "important" concern about making sure tank is full?

Again - thanks for you help
until you want to use electric to heat. Unless you're boondocking you won't use the fresh water tank much. Use city water when you're in a campground with full hookups. You'll also want to use electricity if available for your hot water heater to save your gas.
Shoot, i didn't ask the questions i wanted to: do you have hot water now? About the water escaping from overflow -- once your fresh water tank is full you should turn off the fresh water tank fill. And maybe use city water when available at cg or home.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #31

FYI, all three valves should not be open. There should be a valve going into the hot water heater and a valve going out of the hot water heater. These both should be open when using hot water heater and closed when winterizing. The 3rd valve should be in the middle of these two and is the bypass valve. This valve should be open when winterizing so pink stuff can circulate the entire water system lines. It should be closed when using hot water heater, if open cold water will mix with hot and you will not have the hot water you want. You probably know how I know this. Good Luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudysWorld View Post
FYI, all three valves should not be open. There should be a valve going into the hot water heater and a valve going out of the hot water heater. These both should be open when using hot water heater and closed when winterizing. The 3rd valve should be in the middle of these two and is the bypass valve. This valve should be open when winterizing so pink stuff can circulate the entire water system lines. It should be closed when using hot water heater, if open cold water will mix with hot and you will not have the hot water you want. You probably know how I know this. Good Luck!
In other words, all three must be horizontal just like I said
Old 07-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #33

Novakrv is right. Look for a screw cover underneath. It's in there
mypalal51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:56 PM   #34

Turning the blue/cold and the red/hot then the valve in the middle is the bypass. The water enters cold and first fills the hot water bottle. Do not put anti freeze in the hot water bottle when you re winterize.
Dc8mdtmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:27 AM   #35
Team Bleu

Ours is up under the body behind the water heater. Round cover, three valves. I'm the one always under the there turning them, two cold, one hot i believe.
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBsRedVett View Post
Ours is up under the body behind the water heater. Round cover, three valves. I'm the one always under the there turning them, two cold, one hot i believe.
One cold (blue) one hot (red) and one bypass vertical blue
Old 07-28-2017, 07:46 AM   #37

Just some "unsolicited" friendly advice. Had 3 rv's; none were/are motorhomes BUT; BUT; NOW, not late September in Michigan, is the time to LEARN not only to WINTERIZE but EMERGENCY RETRACTION OF JACKS; SLIDES AND AWNINGS. Doing research on these things in freezing cold, teeth chattering, cussing, NOT GOOD.
As you learn each CRITICAL need; DOCUMENT IT IN A REFERRAL NOTEBOOK; WINTER WILL BE HERE BEFORE YOU CAN BLINK.
Reading "manuals" in snow is a weee bit frustrating. And for goodness sake; ensure you have the CORRECT FITTING TOOLS for each job. [emoji23] Research this forum for great actual experience and TRY IT. This is a learning experience for all of us regardless of type of RV. Just say'n; from real time frustrated experiences.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bypass, georgetown, heater, tank, water, water tank