Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #1

Where will you be with your GEORGETOWN this WINTER?

Bought RV for a week now because I got a good deal. I still have until the end of October to finish my last contract before I could hit the road and join the fun with other retired RVers. This is the good time for me to get the RV upgrade, add more gadget to it, etc. Also, it is the good time to start planning for a 2 to 3 months of joy and fun.

That said, where will you be this "Winter Season"... Obviously, I would not drive to the North...

Currently, I am 60 miles north of Houston, TX. I am planning to head West, taking I-10 and stop along the way, to California. This will be my shakedown trip as well. Maybe stopping by the Bosque-Del-Apache (120 miles North of I-10) for Sandhill Crane Wildlife Photography.

With few short comment, would you share:
1 - Where will you be this winter?
2 - Why do you want to go there?

Have fun guy!
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #2

Well we winter in Florida. Have great group of friends that all stay same place.

As to you --I'd plan on hitting the Quartzsite RV Show in late January if I were you.

Then North to Lake Havasu area is great. Death Valley is great stop in the winter. Anywhere along the west side of Arizona is great to winter and very reasonable too

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Well we winter in Florida. Have great group of friends that all stay same place.

As to you --I'd plan on hitting the Quartzsite RV Show in late January if I were you.

Then North to Lake Havasu area is great. Death Valley is great stop in the winter. Anywhere along the west side of Arizona is great to winter and very reasonable too

Russell
Thank Russell, that is good to know. Great information.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:15 PM   #4

Quote:

Russell
Hello Russell,

I just look it up on the internet, the show is on Jan 21st thru 29th, 2017. It looks huge... How about the RV Parking for RVers, it looks like the site is the BLM site, it first comes first serve basis, right? Have you been there before? Do we need to make any type of reservation?

Thank.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:48 PM   #5

We are from Florida, so we winter at a county park in Lake Worth (east coast of Florida). This is also near the grands.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
Hello Russell,

I just look it up on the internet, the show is on Jan 21st thru 29th, 2017. It looks huge... How about the RV Parking for RVers, it looks like the site is the BLM site, it first comes first serve basis, right? Have you been there before? Do we need to make any type of reservation?

Thank.

Yes been there three times. I'll get back in a little bit and explain the parking going out to dinner right now.

Russell
Old 07-30-2016, 06:55 PM   #7

Ok. About Quartzsite.

When you top the last hill on I-10 and start down toward town the last week of January what you see is thousand of white dots. These dots are RV's and parked everywhere in the desert (BLM ground).

During the show 10 days many clubs have mini rally's -most generally they will set up same place every year. Escapes club, different coach clubs, ham radio club, about anything. Not sure about Georgetown. ?

There are many RV parks in town. And then some BLM areas that charge. Their cheap. Maybe $40 for 14 days. And like $140 for 3 months ? Not real sure how they work. Never stayed there.

I just went down the road and pulled off into the desert along side others and camped free. This desert is not sand. It is rock --so no real chance to get stuck. Thousands of RV's out there. Then I would drive car into town check out and see if I could get a site in a RV park. I always was able to find one.

Most of these parks are small, tight, and not resorts. Quail Run park at the north end of town is the newest and I think the best. It has many pull thru sites. If you call them now you might get in there. They will be booked full during the show.

The main show is in a Tent. Then across street there are like rows & rows of venders. Everything new & used parts etc. down the street to the East are venders -like windshield repair & replacement, awnings, dish & direct tv installation. Etc. north of I-10 there is a huge flea mkt. also on south side near big tent is a rock & gem show.

It probably is not as nice & fancy show as Tampa. But it is cool to see. Much cheaper out west than in the east and Florida.

Got more info if you have questions. Lol

Russell.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Ok. About Quartzsite.

When you top the last hill on I-10 and start down toward town the last week of January what you see is thousand of white dots. These dots are RV's and parked everywhere in the desert (BLM ground).

During the show 10 days many clubs have mini rally's -most generally they will set up same place every year. Escapes club, different coach clubs, ham radio club, about anything. Not sure about Georgetown. ?

There are many RV parks in town. And then some BLM areas that charge. Their cheap. Maybe $40 for 14 days. And like $140 for 3 months ? Not real sure how they work. Never stayed there.

I just went down the road and pulled off into the desert along side others and camped free. This desert is not sand. It is rock --so no real chance to get stuck. Thousands of RV's out there. Then I would drive car into town check out and see if I could get a site in a RV park. I always was able to find one.

Most of these parks are small, tight, and not resorts. Quail Run park at the north end of town is the newest and I think the best. It has many pull thru sites. If you call them now you might get in there. They will be booked full during the show.

The main show is in a Tent. Then across street there are like rows & rows of venders. Everything new & used parts etc. down the street to the East are venders -like windshield repair & replacement, awnings, dish & direct tv installation. Etc. north of I-10 there is a huge flea mkt. also on south side near big tent is a rock & gem show.

It probably is not as nice & fancy show as Tampa. But it is cool to see. Much cheaper out west than in the east and Florida.

Got more info if you have questions. Lol

Russell.
Wow thank Russell, I will try to go there if my schedule allows. Have a great weekend.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:16 PM   #9

Georgetown xl 378 we always spend the winter in McAllen TX with friends we will be there 3 months it's to cold here in Canada
cler-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cler-b View Post
Georgetown xl 378 we always spend the winter in McAllen TX with friends we will be there 3 months it's to cold here in Canada
Wow, that is extreme South... Welcome to Texas home of 110 degrees F.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:05 AM   #11

Arizona.

No rain just blue sky's and very mild temps. 70 to 80 degrees.
Plenty of campgrounds and golf course.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #12

Giving Texas a try this year just outside McAllen. We spent the last two years in Florida. But time to see something else.

Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 2015, towing a 2014 Ford Explorer XL
tilap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Arizona.

No rain just blue sky's and very mild temps. 70 to 80 degrees.
Plenty of campgrounds and golf course.
Don't tell my DW that, she will makes me go there....
Old 08-01-2016, 07:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilap View Post
Giving Texas a try this year just outside McAllen. We spent the last two years in Florida. But time to see something else.

Denis, Forest river Georgetown XL 377 2015, towing a 2014 Ford Explorer XL
I just moved to TX three months ago, and I have enough of 110 degrees. I will have to go elsewhere, Arizona, California... even that, I heard that Burbank hit over 110 last week.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #15

Florida for us....reason...Pickleball Heaven!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #16

You want Pickle ball heaven, come to Palm Creek golf resort in Casa Grande, Az. The best in the west. 36 courts of PB. Will be there Jan-Aprl. 2015 GT 364 ts. You will not go wrong at this resort.
Roger2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger2650 View Post
You want Pickle ball heaven, come to Palm Creek golf resort in Casa Grande, Az. The best in the west. 36 courts of PB. Will be there Jan-Aprl. 2015 GT 364 ts. You will not go wrong at this resort.
A bit far to go for a game for us on the East Coast ... but might wanna route through there on our next big trip west. Out near the Goshen rally today and found a place that plays indoors 3x a week, so I'm playing tonite! Any Goshen Rally attendees who want to play while out here...check out ICE GyM in Mishawaka. Pickleball - Ice Athletic Center Ice Athletic Center

If you're ever in FL Roger...check this out:
Join the fun at Pickleball courts in Okechobee RV resort

Thanks!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, winter