Old 02-14-2015, 12:54 AM   #1
RV Vagabond Jerry
Which option did you not get on your Georgetown that you wish you had?

Which option did you not get on your Georgetown that you wish you had?

Jerry Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #2
Mine has the optional convection oven and they deleted the traditional oven. Convection not the best thing to use as far as size. I'd have been happier with traditional oven and over stove microwave with exhaust vent to outside. I guess this is a matter of someone's personal preference.

2013 Georgetown 378 XL
wvphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
Ours has every option except euro chair. Wish we had it so could move it around as desired or remove it when more room wanted on certain trips. Would lose a seatbelt chair location if that's important to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 Georgetown 351DS
Chevy Colorado Crew
GABoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
I have a 350 with three slides and I wish I had got the 4 th slide. It is not an option but I wish it had the pickup diesel, lots more power!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Newellri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
If you buy a XL model you get lots of options you don't get in a regular Georgetown model. Better compartments and locks, double pane windows, increased height inside, real paint job and not stickers, 22.5" tires with aluminum rims, heated mirrors, better driver and passenger chairs. I think now the XL has a Black Diamond models that come with higher quality cabinets. Also it's great to get the larger 15K AC unit up front than the standard 13.5K

My model and year has the large gas or electric Dometic refrigerator 4 door with ice maker and water in the door. I like it better than the residential as I use propane while driving and don't count on converting battery power. If you have any issues with your coach batteries over time it will limit the refrigerator usage dry camping and travelling all day.
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
I'm with GABoy...The only option I wish my 328TS had is the euro chair in lieu of the barrel chair. DW and I really don't need an additional seatbelt, but sure could use another comfy seat for TV watching in the evenings.
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #7
I wish I had gotten the Black Diamond package...the DW really likes the dark wood option. other than that, my XL has every other option I wanted.
2014 Georgetown XL 352QS
2013 Days Camped-10 (in a rental)
2014 Days Camped-52
2015 Days Camped-53

2016 Days Camped-32
chrisbailey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:34 PM   #8
I wish I have a convection/microwave instead of just the microwave. Hell if anyone would like to trade out let me know.
Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378XL
2015 Ford Taurus
Our Baby Dachshund
ramair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #9
Ours was a show model and came with every available option except strangely enough the drop down bunk and 15k btu AC's.
We don't really have a need for the front bunk but it would have been nice for storage while parked. The standard airconditioners have been fine but I'm sure the larger ones would have been a little better.
Love the residential fridge, driving all day is not an issue as the high output alternator provides enough power to run it without any battery drain. I also like having the regular oven as well as the convection microwave as I do most of the cooking and like using the old fashioned oven.
My wife did comment this morning that she really doesn't like that ledge on the side of the bed and one day wants to upgrade to an XL model with more slides and the black diamond package.
2014 Georgetown 351DS

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #10
Drop down front bed

Came out just after we bought our 378. Really nice of the grandkids, and extra storage as mentioned above. Would allow us to replace the sofa/air bed with dual reclining sofa, which would be much more comfortable than the euro chair. Other than that, we have been very happy with our Georgetown. Service in Elkhart has been wonderful.

Paul and Rosemary
2011 Georgetown 378 Firemist
2010 Jeep Liberty Limited 4X4
Maddog378 is offline   Reply With Quote