Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2014, 01:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by macevoyj View Post
I met with a forest river representative this past weekend about the service department. To my surprise, Steve has left the company! Perhaps this may explain the poor service customers and dealers are receiving from FR. Hopefully things will change for the better.
Huh. I haven't found the service from FR to be "poor", particularly from Steve. He was prompt, courteous, and thorough for some recent issues we had. Maybe we were just lucky, but no complaints from us.
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sullivan View Post
Today I found out that April has been replaced by Russ Stull. April's phone and email are being forwarded to Russ.

Russ addressed my needs promptly and things seem to be rolling towards a satisfactory conclusion. I'll keep everyone posted.

Russ took care of a small roof leak for me this week. Sent me to B&E in Ocala and they got it done very promptly.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #23

The end of the story?

After misdiagnosing the problem at Camping World in Panama City, we moved on to Alliance RV

What a world of difference. They correctly diagnosed a faulty pump motor. Even worked around Lippert being closed by the weather. We had a camp site at their facility, were informed every step of the way, and were very impressed with their operations. We didn't have to call FR or Lippert. They did it all in quick short order.

The pump now works as well as ever. Cant say enough good about Alliance and their staff. Top notch outfit.
Jim Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #24

April Conner was very helpful to me when my coach batteries died on my 2013 Georgetown. Forest River paid for replacing them when the dealer was responsible for the maintenance of the coach. I think their issues are more related to pre-delivery inspection and quality of materials. I bought a unit that had been on the lot for 17 months-the batteries should not have gone bad if dealer has made sure the bolts were tight on the positive and negative cables. But that should have been caught at the factory. I had a list of 30 items that needed attention on a "new" unit. So the theory of "building in place" and "rolling earthquake" is a little bit of bull, if they did a better inspection after assembly it wouldn't cost them so much to fix simple problems.
nicholsonv is offline   Reply With Quote