Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
WhoDoMan

Tailgator Hook up

Hello Georgetown owners. Have a 2014 377XL. Question... the coax connection at the outside port has only a single connection. Inside there is a switch box that has 3 positions 1) roof ant, 2) park cable 3) satilite. Sat is prewire to a spot on the roof to mount a perminate SAT. I want to use my tailgator on the TV when no park cable or roof ant are unavailable. Any direction on how to make it work. I'd like to hook in through the coax port on the outside of the unit maked "Park Cable" Thanks in advance.
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #2

You can do that.
Simply select Cable on the switch box. you will have to put the tuner between the switch and the cable that is plugged into the switch currently.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #3

This is what I did with my Tailgater interconnect. Using coax will not give you HD (need HDMI which is not pre-run in our GT378 and would be a pita to do) but SD is good enough for us. There are other ways to accomplish what you want but this route satisfied our requirements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	155
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	66607  
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoDoMan View Post
Hello Georgetown owners. Have a 2014 377XL. Question... the coax connection at the outside port has only a single connection. Inside there is a switch box that has 3 positions 1) roof ant, 2) park cable 3) satilite. Sat is prewire to a spot on the roof to mount a perminate SAT. I want to use my tailgator on the TV when no park cable or roof ant are unavailable. Any direction on how to make it work. I'd like to hook in through the coax port on the outside of the unit maked "Park Cable" Thanks in advance.

All the answers are correct.
When I am staying at a campground for a few weeks this is what I do with my Tailgater Dish.

I place my Tailgater on roof in the rear of my Georgetown for security reasons. I'm able to lock it up to the ladder.

I use the tailgater coax and run it across the roof and enter around the rubber on the closest slide to my TV and run it directly to my VPI211k receiver box.
I use the HDMI cable output and run to my TV. With that said I only use the TV speaker system and not the surround sound system.

I also figure my coax is much better shielded than the cheap stuff in the motorhome. Having a short run helps maintain a higher voltage to run the dish. More coax and switches just adds resistance and drops voltage/signal

Now if you can't climb up on the roof then yes hook it up to the outside connector.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Since my roof is mostly a radius I tend to put mine on one of the flat slide outs.
I've not had an issue running the coax to the rv equipped connection.

TURBS.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
WhoDoMan

Tailgator Hook up

Thanks all, Great options/solutions. Just moved up from a 2014 Sanibel Fifth wheel (Primetime/Forest River) 3700 to a 2014 Georgetown 377XL. Still a few weeks from the madin voyage so trying to figure some upgrades out!
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote